Can't Cast Spells in Right Hand

FireFarseer

I cannot seem to cast any spells when they are equipped in my right hand; when I left click (my right hand button) the animation for the spell appears to show for a split second, and any NPCs around me react like I'm casting, even though nothing happens. I can dual cast all of my spells fine, use two handed weapons, fists, and swing one handed weapons equipped to my right hand. Left hand single casting works like normal.

I have a fair amount of mods installed, but have not installed any new ones in a while, leading me to suspect that the 1.6 patch had something to do with it, since it is the only major change I can think of, along with updating SKSE. I have already tried rebinding the keys, and I don't have any mods that mess around with the controls or hotkeys. Reloading old saves - even a different character - doesn't fix the issue either.

I would greatly appreciate any help on resolving this bug.

I'm having this exact same problem. It's especially problematic as I just began a character who was to be a sort of Paladin, relying primarily on high Block skill with a shield while using spells and weapons with the right hand. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? :(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...