How to add armor to ck

If I understand this correctly, I think you're looking for a tutorial on adding items to leveled lists, which determine whether (and/or how often) things will appear in merchant inventories, on enemies and NPCs, in-world chests, etc.

Here's a /very/ brief overview of them, https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=LeveledItem

but there were some good youtube tutorials on leveled lists, a while back. Darkfox127 is usually my go-to, but there are others.

The easiest way I can think of is to create one or more custom outfits, then assign the outfit to whichever NPCs you want to wear it. Please understand this is not my strong point. I have read a few conversations, here and in Oldrim, where modders have been trying to use scripts to equip vanilla NPCs, so as not to interfere with other mods affecting that character. That being said, if these are NPCs of your own creation, for your own mod, there shouldn't be any problem in doing this.

This is off the top of my head. Please forgive if I misname something.

Go to Items > outfits, in the object window. Right-click anywhere in the list of outfits and "create new." Give it a unique name, and then leave it open, while you go to your specific armor. Drag and drop all armor or clothing you want them to wear, into the outfit form. It's best to ensure there's only one item per body part, though, to avoid problems with them equipping the wrong one. So, one body armor, one hand armor, one foot armor, one helm, etc. Save it, create your next one the same way, and so on. Now you have one or more custom outfits, which can include your own armor, vanilla armor, or a combination of both.

Find your NPCs and open them up. In the Inventory tab, there should be a drop down box for default outfit. Hit that, start typing your custom named outfit and it should narrow the choices down for easy choosing. Once selected as the default outfit, your NPCs should spawn wearing it. I have never had luck with sleep outfit, so I just leave that blank now. Even in AI packages, they never change into it when they go to sleep. Not sure if that's something I'm doing wrong, or just a problem with the game.

If you're making the NPCs as followers, you might want to consider a clothing or very light armor default outfit, and then adding any heavier armor to their inventory separately. That way, players can take it and upgrade or replace it, and they will only have a small additional weight burden. For example, Lydia's steel default outfit is heavy. If I give her Dwarven armor to wear, then she's carrying around two sets of heavy armor.

Afterthought: If you have a lot of NPCs you want to wear the same thing, take a look at how they do guards. There should be an actor that acts only as a template, where the default outfit is set. Then, subsequent NPCS made from that template will just have "use inventory" checked, among whatever other similarities you choose, and they will all wear that same default outfit.