ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Aventus Aretino dosen't apear

Eraagon9792

I have the misc. Quest

I followed the marker to windhelm and his house. I picked the lock but when I go up in his house there is only a marker and no child in the house. Even I tried console command " player.moveto refID " with the boy's refID but no child in there. Looks like the NPC doesn't exist. Is there any patch or bug fixer for it?

I have the misc. Quest

I followed the marker to windhelm and his house. I picked the lock but when I go up in his house there is only a marker and no child in the house. Even I tried console command " player.moveto refID " with the boy's refID but no child in there. Looks like the NPC doesn't exist. Is there any patch or bug fixer for it?

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to see a locked door on the house.....

I believe it should be open

did you try loading a previous save , waiting til morning and going to the house?

also , did you see the scripted conversation outside the house? the one with the child and his babysitter\maid?

what happened when you tried the console command? did it give an error message , or did it move you to a specific cell? because I've never heard of it moving you to a different cell , but the NPC whose ID you used isn't there

not sure that's possible.......

I loaded last saves but same result.

I wated days and fooled around but no change.

Every time the door is locked in novice.

Every time there is a woman staying outside the door and talking about babysittig and taking care about children.

And I used the console commands.

First I used " player.moveto refID " This command tleported me to the child's house and no one was there again.

Also I used another command " player.placeatme " it shoud place a copy of the NPC near your position but whene I used , nothing happend. I did it many times with other NPCs it works. But for aventus it doesn't.

I think its a bug . I dont know what to do

well , I've never really heard of this bug

could you please post your load order in spoiler tags? (use the Special BBCode button and choose Spoiler)

what you could also do is open xEdit (SSEEdit in this case) , run it with your entire load order , then look inside Skyrim.esm to find the NPC entry for Aventus to see if any mod you have edits it

not sure this will actually reveal the possible source of the issue , as I'm not sure such an issue could be caused by editing the NPC (it might be due to the quest being edited or something like that)

well , I checked the wiki and this bug was mentioned , but it was only reported to happen on consoles

and if it has occurred on PC , the unofficial patch would have fixed it

so I really can't tell you what might be causing this or why

you can either try initiating the DB quest line via console commands and hopefully it'll work , or just play it on a new save file

definitely not the best response , but I really can't think of a reason for this bug to happen , nor do I know of a fix for this

out of curiosity , what exactly can't you do? can't you post your load order? or can't you run SSEEdit? and why , if I may ask?