Armour missing

eleglas

I've noticedmore problems then just custom items not being shown correctly - i've been working on a spellpack and after i saved it with the 1.6 kit, the players hands in first person aren't rendered anymore - doesn't happen with the versions prior to the 1.6 update - just saving with the new kit seems to mess it up... :wallbash: Edited by Xarrian

Update: since I changed my PC a month ago, I had the original folder of skyrim with a 1.5 version of CK at hand. I just copied the old CreationKit.exe over the new, let the rest. Now everything saves the normal way and work in Skyrim. So I assume it is at least a bug (and I speak from the Mother of all Brainbugs) in the 1.6 version of the Executable file. I hope for you all, that you are in the lucky position, to have an folder of a previous CK-Version at hand, until Beth fixes this.

I thought about it, but I fear conflicts, since I don't know about the status of copyright on that file.

Edit: (& Update #2) Seems like Beth did theyr job. Just got updated by Steam (forget to disable this) and tryd fearfully saving. Luckily all my custom Armors where visible. So I assume, they got it fixed. Like the old phrase: Hope dies at last :yes:

Edited by Nija

This happened to me as well, and this is how you fix it...

1. Open the esp in question with the creation kit and find the custom armor pieces that are showing up invisible and with 0 armor rating.

2. Double click or right click and edit one of them, you will notice beside the weight value the armor type has been deselected. Select one of the options Light, Heavy, None. You will also notice under the Biped Object Menu the equipped area has been deselected (should be highlighted blue). Select the appropriate slot and hit OK.

3. Repeat this process with all armor pieces not appearing in game.

4. Save.

5. Enable your mod and Reload Skyrim.

6. Enjoy.

So, I have to go edit all of the 600 items in AOM to get it to work properly because of Bethesda's ninja CK update? That's not going to happen.

If you're using Windows 7, right click on your .esm and select "Restore previous versions." This saved me a lot of work in restoring my project to its pre-assassination status. Not all of it, but, still, a lot.