Creation Kit bugged.

natalie73

Not sure what happened with the ninja-patch the Creation Kit got, but after the patch, editting ANY armor or custom race-containing ESP causes all custom textures/models to not show up in game, IE, they simply disappear as if they had never been. Loading a backup ESP before 6/11 causes the models and textures to reappear like clockwork. I can pretty much reproduce this 100% of the time, meaning I can't edit any of my custom races, or they'll basically ALL become invisible(all custom races, not just the one I edit).

I've tried to reinstall the Creation Kit(deleting the local content for it on Steam), and I don't have any clue what else to do. A friend of mine appears to have no issues whatsoever, even trying to reproduce the same bug doing the same steps as me. His somehow works, mine does not, and I don't understand.

Any help to get rid of this issue is greatly appreciated, so many problems caused by the latest patch, and editing it in the creation kit is my only way to fix things. =/

I'm having the same problem actually.. just with armors, I don't feel like trying to tinker with races. Wish I knew how to fix it.

Well, from what I'm gathering, it happens when anything is saved, since it doesn't matter what change you've made, if the change is from an earlier version, or if you make no changes at all, as long as you save it in the updated Creation Kit, the race/armor/whatever disappears if it's custom-made(not existing in the vanilla game by default).

As I said, my friend has no issue.

Isn't there a Bethesda customer support or something relating to Skyrim?

I'm having the same problem actually.. just with armors, I don't feel like trying to tinker with races. Wish I knew how to fix it.

Well, from what I'm gathering, it happens when anything is saved, since it doesn't matter what change you've made, if the change is from an earlier version, or if you make no changes at all, as long as you save it in the updated Creation Kit, the race/armor/whatever disappears if it's custom-made(not existing in the vanilla game by default).

As I said, my friend has no issue.

Isn't there a Bethesda customer support or something relating to Skyrim?

you should have your friend modify some armor for me :P j/k hope there's a fix soon

I found a version of the CK in a backup folder from before this update, I loaded up my esp, and found that the weight class for all the armor was at none, even though it previously showed as light. I reset them to light and resaved the esp, and it worked like a charm. It would seem just rolling back to an older version of the CK will work till they fix it. Just make sure steam doesnt update it again lol.

I found a version of the CK in a backup folder from before this update, I loaded up my esp, and found that the weight class for all the armor was at none, even though it previously showed as light. I reset them to light and resaved the esp, and it worked like a charm. It would seem just rolling back to an older version of the CK will work till they fix it. Just make sure steam doesnt update it again lol.

Good find. My aforementioned friend just started having the same issues, so I guess that's a temp fix until they sit down and fix their broken junk...again.

New Creation Kit update fixes the issue.

The issue: Custom body/textures disappearing.

Solution: Model/Skin selections turned off in the build of the Creation Kit we had, re-checking them fixes it.

CONVERSELY

If you have invisible first person hands in your game, go to your custom race and body data tab and re-check the correct body parts under that tab, and walla, they show up in game once more.

A mod can close this if need-be, solutions found!

The super-secret CK update not only un-checked first-person body parts on any Race you may have previously edited, but also did the same to the body part assignments to any Armors (rings, clothing, etc. included).

For some of us who took the symptoms of the bug to be a result of our own error somewhere, and therefore lost our pre-update backup ESPs from saving different attempts to fix this out-of-nowhere issue, this means we now have a huge ...mess to undo.

And this is why stealth updates are bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure where else to ask this, and i know i'm kinda necro-ing here, but i was using the CK fine, then i was actually playing it for a couple days, but now when i went back to make some tweaks the CK is completely broken. If i try to save the CK locks up and crashes, if i try to change a texture or mesh, it locks up and crashes. Is anyone else having these issues? Amd yes i tried an uninstall/reinstall already. Edited by Hengebobs