Modding existing mods

JeremeW5257

Ive recently discovered a weird issue. I'm using "King of Riverhelm" and "Wars is Skyrim" mods, but want to make a few changes for my own personal game. I don't like the vanilla female's appearance and want to change the male housecarls in the "Riverhelm" mod to female housecarls. I'm experienced with this process, as I've done 100 times before with my own mods (supermodel skyrim, all female guards...). Anyway everything regarding the changes to females works fine...appearances change, males converted to female, inventory selected is correct. My problem is now ALL male "Riverhelm" and "Wars in Skyrim" guards are now naked. I make NO changes to any of the male guards in the CK, so I don't understand how this happens. If I go up to the male guards and type "inv", it shows all the correct guard inventory. I type resurrect and they are still naked. If I disable the altered Kingofriverhelm.esp, it goes back to normal...the original settings.

Ideas, thoughts?

The CK update broke the way it saves armor addons, among others. It corrupts the entries the moment you load/save them into the plugin, you don't even have to change anything - now that's service!

The result is naked people everywhere.

Only solution is to revert back to a previous (pre-1.6) plugin version and avoid the CK for now, until they fix their own bug... again.

Thanks for the feedback. I figured it was something to do with the CK. It was a recent problem, that made no sense...which often means a CK problem. If it was unique to the mod it wouldn't happen with other mods. I was hoping for a solution or "work around" fix of some kind. I don't want to spend endless hours trying to make sense of a problem with no logical solution if there wasn't one.

Open the plugin with a low-level editor (TESSnip and the like) and fix the faulty entries yourself, manually.

... which is of course a whole truckload of work if it's a large plugin. But it's the only solution atm, and you have to repeat it every time you save the plugin with the CS.