Legends of Tamriel

BaldurAnthology

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come now, my dear! The Vampires Seduction? Did you not think I would prepare for that? I am afraid you will find me harder to control than that, dear. However, you will get your drink, it just will take a while. My court wizard and I need to disable the magic force fields, and that will take at least a day. You will have it within the next day or so, I assure you. Now, as I was saying, how bout a little something from you, hmm? After all, I am giving you access to one of the most powerful vampiric artifacts in my possession." Cyrus leans in, and kisses and nibbles at her neck, and earlobe, his fingertips gently caress Selene's arms and her torso, a technique that raises goosebumps of pleasure on most women.

Selene only laughed "That was not Vampiric seduction... if it was you would be unknowing to it's effect... completely mine." She paused for a moment and said "What do you expect me to give right now? Pleasure? i am the daughter of the queen, and the Niece of the emperor... not a harlot. You will get something from me when i have exactly what i want from you... But there is something else i can give you, or at least i can give you the location of."

"Let me guess, the Necromancer's Amulet? I have it already around my neck!" Cyrus says, his tone becoming his normal voice again, rather than seductive, pulling said object from out of his robes. "Chances are, whatever you offer, I likely already know the location of. What could you possibly offer? Portal to the Soul Cairn? Know of one, in a castle north of Solitude. Giant Soul Gem filled with the soul of Arch Mage Traven from the 3rd Era? Have in my treasury." Cyrus laughs. "As for pleasure, if I wanted pleasure, you are right, I would seek a harlot, or maybe my steward Sara. I like her. You, I want your love. That is all I ask. Promise me your heart, and I will give you the desires of yours."

Selene laughed again, and said "You think the necromancers amulet and a portal to the soul cairn is what i would offer? Traven's soul gem? No. I know of the final resting place of Phynaster's ring. A useful tool for one such as yourself. My love will be given when i have what i desire... The bloodstone chalice is only part of what i need... the rest will follow."

A very slight smile appeared on Selene's lips, and she explained "The Ring of Phynaster was made hundreds of years ago by a person who needed good defenses to survive his adventurous life. Thanks to the Ring, Phynaster lived for hundreds of years, and since then it has passed from person to person. The ring improves its wearer's overall resistance to damage and grants total immunity to poison, spells, and electricity. Still, Phynaster was cunning and said to have cursed the Ring. It eventually disappears from its holder's possessions and returns to another resting place, uncontent to stay anywhere but with Phynaster himself. But, i have heard, in the 3rd era a powerful wizard had dispelled the curse... of course at the cost of his, and now it stays, forgotten, in it's tomb."

"At the cost of his life, eh? Dedicated person. Well, there is more than one reason it takes a day to dispel the barriers. I know the enchantments needed, and you and I could go now, if you wish, as the treasury is a half day's ride away. I do not keep them in my town, lest the vamps attack me. I grant you this, if you wish to come with me. I traveled once to the soul cairn, but in order to do so, I had to partially soul trap myself. I found two spectral horses, one with black and green flames, one with violet. I grant you Arvak, the Purple Flamed, Skeletal Demonic horse. I will keep with Voltair, which is what I named the Green Flamed horse. Are you ready, my love?" Cyrus grins, and hands Selene the book in which he wrote down the spell to summon Arvak.

Selene smiled and quickly wrote down the name of the tomb Phynaster's ring was resting in, she put it down the front of Cyrus's robe and said "I assume you found another way in to the soul cairn than the portal in Castle Volkihar? it has long since closed, no blood left to open it..." Selene said, forgetting she was letting on a lot more information than she intended... Castle Volkihar was her greatest goal "I thank you for the horse, so let us ride to this safehouse of yours."

"Yes. The portal is deep within the Midden at the College of Winterhold, in a cavern sealed off and hidden by my own ingenious magics. The portal is still working, if you wish to see it some day. I created it based off the design of the one from Volkihar, but it uses My blood instead. Not the easiest connection, bunt it never is easy. Come, let us ride!" He strides out of the dining room, and down the stairs. Sara walks up to him. "Sire, there are matters I need you to.." She was cut off by Cyrus kissing her, and saying "Sara my dear, can't they wait?" He strides off, winking at Selene, as Sara sits on a bench swooning,