Add item script.

Lehcar

Hi, I want to make my own script that will, quite simply, add some items to my inventory when I type it into the console. Nothing else.

The items I want to add are custom ones that I made myself, not ones that ship with the game.

However, every attempt so far has been a failure and I'm clueless as to how to write a working script. Can someone pretty please give me one that will do what I need it to do? :(

Not sure how it works, but this mod adds to the inventory without even needing to invoke the console: Ancient Elven Boots Fix.

(Now what it adds is a book. When "used", the book adds the item. I believe that's how the author got around the need for the console.)

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Hi, I want to make my own script that will, quite simply, add some items to my inventory when I type it into the console. Nothing else.

The items I want to add are custom ones that I made myself, not ones that ship with the game.

However, every attempt so far has been a failure and I'm clueless as to how to write a working script. Can someone pretty please give me one that will do what I need it to do? :(

This should work:

Create new script in your module. module and owner module should be your module name. I believe you have to set this script in module preferences after you create it.

This is what script should contain.

void main()

{

object oPC = GetHero(); // with this you are saying that player character will now be called oPC and that it is an object

CreateItemOnObject (R"replacethiswithnameofyouritem.uti", oPC); //here you say give this item to oPC. R stands for resource

}

Save script as replacethiswithsomename.nss (You will later type that name in console without .nss part)

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...