Saving takes too long

MrKeytil

try the stand alone MCM and see if that fixes the problem, if not then you have something else wrong as well

EDIT

Make sure you Uninstall CASM first before installing the MCM stand alone

Ugh, the misinformation here.

MCM is ALWAYS "Standalone"

CASM is always Standalone

A "CASM with MCM" was made so CASM can use MCM, it's not a version of MCM with CASM built in it.

There's a bit of a misunderstanding here, If you don't have MCM installed, and you install CASM with MCM, it doesn't install it's own version of MCM, you still have to install MCM in order to use it.

yea but the key point is him not even using CASM, so the stand alone version of MCM will work just fine for him

As you can see from FNVEdit, MCM is no longer required to be installed, it is now included in the ESP

ydHlqE.jpg

Heck, according to what I am seeing, it doesn't even need FalloutNV.esm lol :tongue:

it even states on the CASM description page that the only files needed is NVSE and this one JIP LN NVSE Plugin

Edited by gromulos

the stand alone version of MCM will work just fine for him

THAT is the misinformation, MCM already IS Standalone, it always has been, CASM with MCM and MCM aren't two different version of MCM

CASM with MCM is called that because it can use MCM.

You're making it sound like people have to makes mods with MCM integrated into the mod and that's simply not true.

There is no "Standalone MCM" vs a "Built in MCM"

The esp is just titled CASM WITH MCM, it does not include (as stated by the mod author below) MCM, it's just titled that way.

You still have to download and install MCM.

If you read the comment section of the Casm with MCM page you'll see that people are saying "You still have to have MCM installed in order to use MCM with this mod.

Right on the very first page of the comment section of CASM and MCM:

zarakbuldozer12

Hi dev well i install the mod and I have the recent beta version of NVSE but there's one problem that I'm having on this mod, the problem is that there's an option in the menu when in-game to configure MCM but I don't see that in the menu I'm I missing a mod to download or is it a bug?

RoyBatterian (MOD AUTHOR)

The Mod Configuration Menu is a separate mod.

SnipD

Sorry but I don't understand the full extent of this mod, is this a replacer for the MCM that also happens to come with CASM installed?

Kaleigh3000

The other way around, it is a replacement for CASM that uses MCM instead of the configurator. You still have to have MCM installed.

Morning,

Casm with mcm doesnt work for me unfortunately. To be precise the mcm part doesnt work. There is no message that mcm has been installed, the option to open mcm in the esc. menu isnt there either.

If I choose to use the old mcm, the standalone one, or the one from PN those versions work fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT1:

Nevermind. I am an idiot. I thought this mod INCLUDED MCM. It does NOT. After tinkering around for 2h+ i feel like a retard. Well, now that I installed MCM this mod works fine. I should get some sleep now

then FNVedit is broken for 2 reasons

1) CASM with MCM did not require MCM as a master

2) FNVedit did not throw up an error like it should have as is obvious by the pic i posted

thanks for clarifying that, I will remember for future reference

anyway lol

my advice still stands, stop using CASM :P

Edited by gromulos

then FNVedit is broken for 2 reasons

1) CASM with MCM did not require MCM as a master

2) FNVedit did not throw up an error like it should have as is obvious by the pic i posted

thanks for clarifying that, I will remember for future reference

anyway lol

my advice still stands, stop using CASM :tongue:

That's because MCM isn't a MASTER for ANYTHING

Now you're spreading even more misinformation.

Do me a favor, click on the + sign next to CASM with MCM.esp

Now, click on FILE HEADER, look in the right pane, tell me what the MASTERS for CASM with MCM are.

You'll see there are NONE.

Look at the screenshot, if MCM had any Masters there would be a

"MAST" entry right at the bottom of the list, showing all of the ESMs and ESPs that are masters to MCM.

There aren't any.

627859b46b5ef3bd4d2a1263b15ab7d1.jpg

it's not misinformation

I was following the "normal rule" which is anytime mod A needs mod B to work then mod B is "usually" the master

BUT

CASM seems to be an exception to this rule as you clearly pointed out there is no master involved. Yes it still "needs" MCM just not as a master

anyway thanks for the heads up, and patience lol :)