New NVIDIA drivers not working for Skyrim

Kiki981

I just downloaded and installed new drivers for NVIDIA graphics card. after installation I tried to run Skyrim. And window showed up with: "Failed to initialize renderer. Unknown error creating the renderer." And that's it. Game won't launch not even to main menu. And all I did was update graphics driver. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to start game many times, but same renderer problem. So I think I'll roll NVIDIA driver to previous version.

Skyrim has stopped working on both of my computers.

I get the same message.

I have not played Skyrim for a while. I tested it after reading your post.

Skyrim has been working on at least one of my computers since 2011. This is truly a sad day.

I used DDU to uninstall drivers & reinstalled older drivers. Got the same message.

Next I checked to see if it was an ENB issue by removing all ENB files. The game worked. I then updated ENB to v0319 & now my game is back to normal.

Good luck with your game.

I downloaded the drivers 411.63, made sure i had uninstalled the older driver with IObit first, loaded up NMM, nothing showed up other than a pinkish grey screen, exited, did a restart of my pc, tried again but same thing happened, so uninstalled driver 411 and went back to my old driver 388 which i have decided to stay with and everything worked again....voila !!

I hoped, that newest NVIDIA drivers 416.34 would be free of this error. But, as it seems, the error is still there. So I guess, I'll have to stick with old drivers. I did everything possible to fix this problem (disable/enable graphics card, delete all ENB files, delete Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini,...) but nothing helps. So It's deffinetly not Skyrim's fault, but it's something that NVIDIA "fixed" in their drivers.