Better Home Life

dimondtrident

Now when reading the title of this you may thing something like better houses this is a different idea. Personally i the only reason to have a house is storage and a wife free cash. I just go in drop off my stuff get gold and leave. I mod that would add in new content when you go home would make it more worthwhile. Things like telling your child a story on what you did, making one of your kids say become a aprentice to the smith or someone else if your in a city, having your daughter and wife somehow making it look and sound like shes teaching her how to make a pie, then this might be a harder one to do at certain times in the day actually sit down with your family and eat like dinner. You can say fight with your child as in like teaching him/her how to fight with the dagger they have. These are just some general ideas of what this could be but it would be a interesting mod and would make going back to your house more worthwhile.

• 2 months later...

I agree, this is an awesome idea. I know some of these ideas are incorporated into the more advanced follower mods like Vilja and Lucien, however having it tied to your home so your spouse and adopted kids would follow these scripts would be really nice.

+1

I talked about it earlier. Maybe even more than a year ago.

Something like your spouse is doing things with the kids, like play tag, basic training with weapons, together harvesting plants, making home meals, even eat and drink together at certain times.

All little things makes it so much more realistic.

Oh wow, I was just coming in to make a thread about the same thing! Glad to see so many people also interested too. I was thinking of some other ideas, such as if you entered your home on low health or diseased, your kids could either get frightened or have some soup/small potion made with the other parent ready to go. Or, courier letters from the family. If you're away too long the kids/spouse might not talk to you for a little bit. Maybe as a reward you could get a small temporary power like Mother's/Father's Love if you completed one of those actions. Or, if you're playing a really mean character (but why would you have a family then, but I digress) you could potentially be mean to your children, like telling them to suck it up or something.

I don't know, something like that. Of course all of these would need really complicated scripting, animations and possibly voice acting but personally I'd be okay with this without voices, just to make the family experience in game a little better.