Mod addiction

maxsteiner

I you are anything like me you are using, as we speak a ton of mods for Skyrim and tried even more. And like me, I bet that more than once, your game has grinded to a halt. And you, like me, are forced to do a fresh install, laboured to install mods all over while trying to remember witch mods it was that broke the camels back and witch didnt. Iv asked myself many times if I could revive my old savegame but usually reluctant do do so cos there could be some bad code hidden in those old saves. So, I install a new, game and mods and all and set out to start a new, fresh character, svearing to my self that this time I will be ceareful to only install mods Im sure about. And this time I will only update a mod if Im sure Ill need it and this time I will actually play the game and... You are probably seeing where this is going.

You, Im sure, like me will after much labor, look at your new game, your new character and be quite happy. You got your fav body mod, your super enhanced vistas, rivers and lakes. Your armor is something to behold. Your horses and companions are as smart, obediand and lojal as Lassi. So you like me, we play for a while. We do quests, we join the companions and thinking this is a great game.

Then one day, we start the mod manager and we see all those yellow markers beside all those mods. Well, you have to take a little looksy, dont you? I do. Version 1.5 is up. Vow, brand new features in this version. Now you can play football with your enemies heads! holy mother... I just need this one. Download, you want to upgrade? choosing no will install... Upgrade for me thank you. And as the mod install you realise you are doing exactly what you said you wouldnt do. So with a slightly fluttering heart you load your game and breathing O so lightly. Puh! it worked, no problem. I know what Im doing. I got control. Yeah, right. Before you know it your right back where you started. Haunting the various modpages comment fields. "after updating this mod my game wont start" "I did just like it said in the read me but now my butt is purple, Help" God damn it, this things are like crack.

So in closing, a question; Is mods a blessing or a curse? For me its definitly a blessing. They (the mods) have enhanced my gaming experience way beyond the original game in ways of both beauty and game mechanics but, it also, in some ways, stops me from just playing the game and thats the curse. So for me, mods can be a paradoxical thing. I all say this of course with a little tounge in cheek and a laugh. Im not tearing my hair of when something goes wrong and I hope you dont either. Just something I thought of during my last trainwreck of a mod install LoL.

I wouldn't play Skyrim without the Mods....I originally bought Skyrim for the XBox....played it for awhile and eventually got bored with the same old, same old. My hubby had stumbled across a few youtube video's displaying various modded Skyrim games, these resparked my interest....and so bought myself a PC copy, I'm virtually computer illiterate (am oldish biddy), so it's been a hell of a steep learning curve for me, but worth every pained moment and cry for help...I love my Skyrim game as it stands now.....Bethesda in the mean time should be more supportive of their modding community, as just one lowly customer (how many others are there), I have now purchased Skyrim twice and after experiencing modded Skyrim. I have also gone on to purchase Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV, these extra purchases would not have been made if I was unable to mod them.

Bethesda in the mean time should be more supportive of their modding community,

How are they not?

+1

Bethesda is the game developer who is the most supportive to their mod community.

Have people forgot how DA2 modding community turned out? As in they stopped releasing the toolkit.

Bethesda, on the other hand, takes their time to get the kit useable for us, and then even adds tutorials for it.

Bethesda in the mean time should be more supportive of their modding community,

How are they not?

+1

Bethesda is the game developer who is the most supportive to their mod community.

Have people forgot how DA2 modding community turned out? As in they stopped releasing the toolkit.

Bethesda, on the other hand, takes their time to get the kit useable for us, and then even adds tutorials for it.

Becau they tend to make their games sooo buggy and lacking that their sells mostly rely on modding :)

joking - mostly