Names changed by foreign language mods

RazaCovek

One of the 97 mods on my game and one of them has changed the name of the districts of IC to french. What is the procedure to correct this? Edited by RazaCovek

Remove the mod. In Oblivion, the audio files are stored in the BSA files which are not modified by mods. The new data just overwrites each time the game is started. Removing the mod allows the original audio back.

OR, if you know how, go into the sound files and find the exact files that the mod put in, and remove them - but be sure to make a backup before attempting to make this kind of change.

Note that this works for Oblivion, FO3 & FONV. But NOT Skyrim - it handles voice files differently.

Remove the mod. In Oblivion, the audio files are stored in the BSA files which are not modified by mods. The new data just overwrites each time the game is started. Removing the mod allows the original audio back.

bben, he's talking about the text, not the audio.

Raza: The easiest way is to open up the mod in TES4Edit and fix the names yourself.

OR, if you know how, go into the sound files and find the exact files that the mod put in, and remove them - but be sure to make a backup before attempting to make this kind of change.

Note that this works for Oblivion, FO3 & FONV. But NOT Skyrim - it handles voice files differently.

Still good info none the less. :thumbsup:

I found this in the comments for the mod "Strotis ic player home"

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35485

"For some reason it changes the name of the market district to "Kaiserstadt - Marktbezirk" I changed the name back myself in the CSbtw, I've already endorsed the file, thanks again!" - stars2heaven

As for TES4Edit, I only know the basic cleaning.

What is the procedure for both?

Open the mod in TES4Edit

Expand the mod, go to Worldspace -> ICMarket District

On the right side, you'll see that in Oblivion.esm, it was called "Imperial City - Market District" but in the mod it has the German. Right click on the german words, select "Edit", confirm you want to edit, then type in the correct name. Hit enter then close TES4Edit, saving the modification.