New armor model import help needed

Mashadar

I've been following the video tutorial by
for importing my ebony armor mesh tweak, and everything seems to be working out fine, right up to the point where I try to actually run it in the game. Nothing shows up and I'm left with a giant exclamation mark for a torso. Can anyone provide me any input on this on how to make it work?

This sounds like an issue with the esp rather than the mesh, make sure the game is able to find your mesh.

Make sure all your files are in the data\meshes folder, and the path in your .esp points to them correctly, make sure to use an armor addon item if you are used to the old cs for oblivion , fo3.

Not an esp problem. It's a simple replacement mesh so I put it in as a loose file. I've double checked with existing ebony armor mesh fixes (also without esp) and it's worked before. Edited by Mashadar

As far as I can tell? Yes. Officerbeardontcare has a script that allows a rather quick and easy method of rapidly rigging and parenting new armours, and it's worked without any hitches as far as I can tell. The only real difference I've noticed in exporting the new nifs is that they have this extra line in the NiTriShape tree called NiStencilProperty.

Ok... try making an esp with a completely new armor that points to your mesh, and if that version works, your problem is archive invalidation, if not, at least you know it's mesh specific - in both cases, I'm not of further help, so all I can suggest is hoping that a more skilled modder comes along, or googling