Legend of Grimrock Nexus

dogtown1

http://www.grimrock.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/first_editor_shot1.jpg

Legend of Grimrock is a new game that plays like the old dungeon crawl games only it has some really great visuals and sound and the puzzles are a blast

I had a great time playing this game and now that the "editor" is almost done, I see a horde of new dungeons coming out that people can download and run through

I posted a comment in a thread in the forums there and Petri (one of the game devs) sounded like he liked the idea of a

"LoG Nexus" site

http://www.grimrock.net/

check out this link, its a great game, its very easy to get hooked

(watch the video, it says it all)

Edited by dogtown1

I just got a great pm from Dark0ne, lets hope we see something cool in the near future :thumbsup:

this game is like skooma, once you get started you cant quit

the user created dungeons are gonna really make this game, I cant wait to run through a 99 level deep demon dungeon, or some horror based silent hill type

(how cool would that be?)

• 1 month later...

Would love to see 'Grimrock Nexus' as well. Love the game, I always loved Dungeon Master and even started an Oblivion mod remake of it. After I realized Skyrim is simply not as much fun as I hoped it would be I definitely want to mod Grimrock. The editor looks very promising, you can script in the same programming language the game was made with and it's possible to import new assets - any type of asset. So basically the possibilities are endless.

Since Grimrock isn't tied to Steam either (you can also buy it from GOG for example - DRM free, just another reason apart from the awesome game to support the developers) and I doubt there will be a Steam Workshop for it there is also a need for a quality site to host all the mods and dungeons.

So...a fantastic new RPG with endless modding possibilities but no site to host the mods yet? A no-brainer for me, hope Dark0ne thinks the same.

EDIT: Oh, and if you haven't heard about Grimrock yet - read a review and buy it. Or just buy it.

Edited by Phitt

I have seen a lot of rave reviews about the game, but when I went on GOG.com to buy it I also saw a negative review. Apparently the controls are very awkward, according to this reviewer, and take a lot of mashing. Now with my arthritic fingers this is a pretty big issue for me, I have invested in a very expensive mechanical keyboard and sensitive laser mouse to make it easier. Can anyone comment as to how they found the controls?

• 3 weeks later...

@ginnyfizz

I think that reviewer had a bum mouse or keyboard, I myself never had any control issues and have never seen a complaint about it as well

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

by Dark0ne » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:35 pm

There will be a Grimrock Nexus. It will be supported in the Nexus Mod Manager as close to launch as possible. So if you don't like Steam, or you don't have a Steam version, you'll still have easy one-click install access to Grimrock mods and maps, provided the author uses the site

here it is, hell yeah :biggrin:

head here to see whats all goin on:

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2118&start=830

I have seen a lot of rave reviews about the game, but when I went on GOG.com to buy it I also saw a negative review. Apparently the controls are very awkward, according to this reviewer, and take a lot of mashing. Now with my arthritic fingers this is a pretty big issue for me, I have invested in a very expensive mechanical keyboard and sensitive laser mouse to make it easier. Can anyone comment as to how they found the controls?

It's not the insane clickfest you make it out to be.

Yes, each attack must be clicked separately, but also causes a cooldown (on both hands), so you're not spamming a keyboard or mouse button.

It would've been nice if you could use keys to attack, associating one key with each hand, but as it is, the attacks can only performed with the mouse.

Moving from square also is not instantaneous, so normally you're getting 1 or 2 hits in, then move aside, then wait for the monster to be in front of you, get 1 or 2 hits in, and move aside again.

Quick reaction is welcome, yes, but you never need to repeatedly click the same key as fast as you can, so no need to worry about that.

If that cuts it for you, I don't know. It is a realtime game, so keys and mouse buttons need to be pressed quickly sometimes.

If you're still unsure, simply look for one of the Let's Play videos. It should make it clear.

Edited by ThelsK

Apparently the controls are very awkward, according to this reviewer, and take a lot of mashing. Now with my arthritic fingers this is a pretty big issue for me, I have invested in a very expensive mechanical keyboard and sensitive laser mouse to make it easier. Can anyone comment as to how they found the controls?

The controls are really easy, but in order to attack stuff you need to rapidly go from one attack button to another. Even worse, if you want to cast a spell you need to select 'runes' in order to cast. Problem is, the game doesn't remember your last used spell. You'll need to reselect the runes over and over again.

I can imagine this could be an issue for you. : \

If I were you I'd try a demo first. (Dunno if there is one yet.)

Edit: More info:

Edited by Gotcha44

thats a great vid Gotcha44

nice one, it shows the gameplay perfect, its hard to see how good the graphics really are and how cool the sounds are

that one you just have to play the game (best 15 bucks I ever spent on steam, hell its worth 50)