extract textures from preexisting models?

mybad

hey guys is anybody out there who knows how to extract textures from preexisting models?

i would like to use the textures inside the model in the photo attached but i dont know how :( the part i need is the huge stones composing the doom ceiling!

thanks!

Edited by mybad

hey guys is anybody out there who knows how to extract textures from preexisting models?

i would like to use the textures inside the model in the photo attached but i dont know how :( the part i need is the huge stones composing the doom ceiling!

thanks!

You'll need a program like BSAopt (google it) to extract the texture from the Textures.bsa file in your Skyrim\Data folder.

thanks!

I use Fall out Mod Manager, save it in your skyrim\Data folder. then under data click on textures it will open up and give you a choice of fallout 3 or fallout new vegas, simply click the red X on the top right corner. Then it will open skyrims textures.

The texture information (name and folder) can be obtained from the properties, through the CK.

I feel like a complete noob asking this, but how/where do you do this? I looked everywhere on items, in their edits etc for 'properties'.. I'm sure it's something very easy that I'm just overlooking but I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure it out, and this method seems like it would be so much easier than opening the mesh in Nifskope to see what textures are assigned to the piece.

The texture information (name and folder) can be obtained from the properties, through the CK.

I feel like a complete noob asking this, but how/where do you do this? I looked everywhere on items, in their edits etc for 'properties'.. I'm sure it's something very easy that I'm just overlooking but I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure it out, and this method seems like it would be so much easier than opening the mesh in Nifskope to see what textures are assigned to the piece.

Sorry, that was bad information. Only the 3D model can be looked up in the CK. You would then use the 3D model information and open it's mesh in Nifscope. The texture information can then be found in Nifscope.

My appologies.

Edited by Tamb0

well..after the extraction of the textures how may i add those to the CK common textures list shown in the pic in this post?i usually use only those in the list cause i'm changing all the textures to create new unique landscapes and that's the easier and faster way to do that...rep up to anyone knows that and helps me! :D Edited by mybad

Sorry, that was bad information. Only the 3D model can be looked up in the CK. You would then use the 3D model information and open it's mesh in Nifscope. The texture information can then be found in Nifscope.

My appologies.

LOL No worries.. would have been soo much easier if it were possible to see it from the CK though. :biggrin: