Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

Morgan looked at the body of the scout and felt a small sting for fear, if the legion really is going to expand out here, then he would be ín trouble for sure, seeing as he has managed to avoid them for the last 10 years and finaly finding a place without them and now this?

Morgan just lost his temper for a little while adn punched a nearby tree, but he quickly realised that maybe wasnt the best of ideas and yelled out in pain.

Loki just looked at Morgan in confusion and then at Spark as if to ask him "Do you know what my human is doing? I don't think attacking that tree is going to help at all."

Edited by MikeRyan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Versing was surprised to see Morgan losing his temper like he was, figuring that not many people this far East would have even heard of the Legion, let alone hated them. Still, if they both hated the Legion, that was something thatn the two of them could use to their advantage, potentially. Wincing as Morgan punched a tree and nearly broke his wrist, Versing took a seat leaning up against a rock, pulled a weapon maintenance kit out of his bag, and began cleaning and polishing his rifle and pistol, test-loading them, aiming down the sights (with no clip.) and cleaning out the interior of the weapons using a piece of cloth covered in cleaning agent wrapped around a two-foot-long collapsable pole. He checked his water and food supplies, mostly making sure that none had been lost in his battle with the Assassins, and noted that he had enough supplies to last him days on end without any sort of resupply. Finishing the maintenance of his service rifle, Versing packed everything into his bag and sat there, relaxed yet ready to head out at any moment.

Morgan sat down infornt of Versing, a small distance away, and started to bandage his bleeding fingers and made sure that he hadn't injured his wrist which he luckily hadn't. He then looked at Versing and started talking:

"I bet you're wondering why I have such problems with the legion, well if the others gather around I'll tell all of you because I feel like you need to know the whole story, but be warned it's not that pretty."

Morgan took out a bottle of water and drank some as if he were preparing himself for talking a lot.

Vlad was...startled and bewildered at best. Was this "legion" truly expanding. Heh ad witnessed the scout be killed and was shocked at best. He gave a slight nod to Sandro as if complimenting his skill. Though, afterwards he saw Morgan punch the tree, seeing Versing stare as well Vlad just frowned.

Vlad flicked the cig from him, concentrating on Morgan as he sips his water knowing that he has a tale to tell and Vlad was also quite interested in this tale.

He had no knowledge of the brutality of the Legion and his mind was quite intrigued by them, not in a good way but in a fearful way. If the legion is truly as horrible as they seem Vlad had no interest in letting them walk by him, he would sling his rifle from his shoulder ,take aim and fire at whatever crimson man he see's sprinitng across the desolate lands of this city.

Vlad, stood, just across from Versing and Morgan though enough to be hearing the story. He did not want to intrude in his tale for he knew that would be rather rude.

"The past." Vlad mumbled, though a little loud to be a mumble Vlad still considered it a mumble. "The past is what shapes us, but it does not decide out future."

Vlad said that with actual compassion, for the words was said to him long ago by an old enemy he had met. Now he was within a moment of nostalgia. For it was something in his past that he had yet spoken of. Vlad only to throw off the thought as quickly as it arrived he turned to Morgan to hear his tale. His interest at its peak and his curiosity ready to be sated. Vlad looked around absently as if peering through the vivid wasteland for any more bright red crimson demons, though he did not see any within the distance, turning his attention back to Morgan.

Morgan set up small campfire, seeing as it started to get dark and sat down, looking into the flames for a while before he started speaking;

"You see, I've always had a troubled past, I won't lie. My first encounter with the legion was actually before I came to the Mojave, way before a bit more into the west

When I was 4 the legion attacked my town and burned it down. Most of the men where killed, the women where taken as slaves, both naughty and normal ones, and the kids including me where also taken slaves. We were forced to march all the way back to their camp. Along the way we could see the hundreds of people they had crucified for various kinds of crimes, that really leaves its marks in a small kids mind. It kind of went well for about 3 years, but then I accidentaly dropped hot food on an officer there, thats how I got my scars, well the ones in my face anyways. But there was ofcourse other situations where they hurt us because we did something bad. so my scars are not from a bar brawl as I claim they are, that's just a cover story to seem more...tough. Actually I'm ashamed my scars. And it's not all, you might have noticed that i walk with a slight limp, that is from my time there when an legionaire decided it would be fun to beat one of the slaves. And that slave happened to be me. Broke my leg, for fun, so it didn't quite heal well and since then I have walked with a limp"

Morgan looked down into the fire as if to collect himself before continuing: "I met one nice guy there, Gaius was his name. He taught me a thing or two like reading and maths, some of these good things you could need to know. He was like a father to me there, snuck me some food or sweets from time to time and sometimes books. He even taught me survival lying to his superiors that he was thinking of maybe taking me under his wing as his personal slave or trainee. But sadly he died after a battle when I was about 10, just before he croaked he gave me this bowie knife I have, and it was with it I made my first kill when I ran off at 11. I went up to the guard, tricked him into bending down and then stabbed him in the throat quietly,took some other child slaves with me and just ran, sadly a few of the others died and we got split up. It was about 5 years later that I met Loki here. I heard sad howling coming from a canyon so I went in there, dumb as I was and there I saw poor Loki guarding his dead parents. It turned out that his parents had been killed by hunters so I took him in as my pet, and now we never leave the others side. I've managed to pretty much avoid or kill their patrols for the last 10 years now, hoping to never see them again, but it had its price of course. I can never rest easy unless I know it's safe, thats why I pulled my gun on Axelle, the girl you know, in a bar I was asleep and thought she was a pickpocket or assassin trying to get me so I pretty much panicked, I discovered that being drunk made it a bit easier to sleep but it's almost never enough and I still rest uneasy and paranoid. I'm almost always afraid that they will pop out around the next corner to kill me. This whole thing is also why I hate slavers, each time I've met some it always ends in a bloodbath with me standing there all bloody with the slavers dead. And it's nothing I'm proud of."

Morgan took a small break to drink some more and then continued to finish his story;

"I felt that I got filled with rage when I saw those legion guys, seeing my past. Right now I'm pretty much fearing that they will expand out here and find me, now that they have scouts out here. I'm not blaming you Versing for draggig them here, but I think we better be careful." He stopped talking and looked into the fire for a good five minutes, and then he said shortly, in a slightly determined voice; "I've heard rumours of one of the slaves, a girl, being somewhere here in the capital wasteland so I decided to try and find her, but that will have to wait until later. Once I decide to leave this group, but I doubt that will happen now that I know I have some proper friends to travel with"

Versing listened patiently to Morgan's story from across the campfire. He nodded every now and then, and the part about him dragging the Legion here made his heart pang a little. he didn't know if he was originally the one that planted the whole "expansion" idea into Caesar's bald head, but if he did, he may have doomed the entire East. Then Morgan finished his story. After a lengthy silence, Morgan also mentioned another escaped slave girl, and his head snapped up.

"Alright, first things first, killing Slavers or Legionairres isn't something to be ashamed about. As for that girl you mentioned? We'll find her, man, don't worry. If she's in the Capital Wasteland, we'll find her." he smiled reassuringly.

Vlad listened to Morgans tale, for it was a tale of his life and a sad one at that. The thought of being a slave..was bewildering Vlad, it never came to his mind that he was traveling with men that have seen hell itself. Though Vlad came to the quick conclusion that he was traveling with men of respect and strength, something Vlad would appear to have but he would do it with a false intention. Vlad considered himself below these two, though he would not show it he felt like his life is nothing compared to these men. Vlad had his tragedies but nothing like being a slave and chased by blood lusting legions.

When he finished his story he heard Versing say they would find the girl. Vlad smiled, not out of comfort but out of pity..the chances of finding her would be slim Vlad thought to himself. Though anything is possible, Vlad quickly gazed within the blanket of darkness that covered the wasteland, like a seething shade his eyes were covered with the blackness of night. Vlad gritted his teeth nervously, he absolutely hated being out in the jaws of death within the darkness. Perhaps the large group would scare the raiders off but the blazing flame made it quite apparent of their presence.

"It's a bad idea to have a fire up Morgan.." Vlad bite his lip, hearing the echoes of natures messed up gift hum within the distant. Wolves howling and distant shots from afar can be heard. Night was the killers friend, and Vlad did not like night..not one bit.

He looked out, peering within the darkness, he slung his rifle from his shoulder just in case any surprises were to pop up. Clutching the bare wood of the rifle, ready to kill on sight. He made it quite clear that he was uncomfortable, his facial expression was of tense appearance.

Morgan nodded slowly at what Vlad said and picked up a bucket from a nearby trashpile and filled it with water from the river and then put the fire out. He then looked at his companions while holding his pistol in his hand; "I can take the first guard tonight, me and loki are used to sitting up just waiting for something to happen. I can wake you up if I feel the need to rest."

He then sat down next to the remains of the fire and waited for a response

Versing was quick to respond.

"I'm not used to waiting for things to happen, but I'll help keep watch. Any assassins come this way because of me, I'll be the first ones they take out, as opposed to one of you. You'll have your warning." With those thoughts in mind, he pulled his rucksack over his back and grabbed his rifle before circling the group. He was hoping to talk with Morgan a bit, anyway.

Edited by Flipout6

Vlad shouldered his rifle, though dark as it maybe without the fire he looked to Morgan and Versing the best he could through the veil. Vlad smiled to them and nodded,

"Thank you, I guess I will catch some sleep." Vlad walked over to a nearby rock, just a few feet from Versing and Morgan and to the left of the fire. The large rock was something he could rest his back on, he took off his pack laying it beside him and places his back against the rock. He looked to Morgan and nodded.

"Once this is all over, maybe we could head out and find the girl..would be hell of an adventure. Though who knows, with everything going on things may be different."

Vlad looked out to the ever stretching wastes with content this time. His eyes becoming heavy, he slowly nods off though before he sleeps he says.

"Thank you..for helping me." And at last, he dozes off.