Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

"Yeah. That was pure chaos, and don't let anyone say otherwise. The Legion wouldn't stop coming, there were thousands of them. Artillery whistled through the air, people died left and right. We actually retreated back to Boulder City, which we filled with traps. While they charged through all the mines our guys were up in the buildings picking them off. That's how we won. As for me personally, I led a squad of six during that fight. Some clever Legion veteran was leading a squad that rushed in through the back. They killed lots of people, at least five rangers, and then this one son of a ghoul with a forged metal spear single-handedly wipes out three of my squad before I threw him off a balcony. I don't even know if he died, but he didn't reappear. Eventually the Legion retreated, and now we have a sort of stalemate. They've still got the fort on the other side of the Colorado, but they don't have the strength to take the Mojave from us. Neither, for that matter, do we."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah I've heard about the fort but never actually seen it. Heard a lot of bad stuff goes on there though"

Morgan thought about lighting his cigar but decided not too, give his lungs some rest for the day.

"You know, I haven't actually felt quite safe until I joined this group, maybe it's because I know i can now have a rest with someone else guarding and that none of you are going to try and stab me in my sleep"

Junius and Taurus successfully evaded the group and jogged all the way to Tenpenny Tower. As Junius ran, he did some calculations in hid head. Out of the two, Morgan was probably the biggest threat, despite Versing taking out several squads of assassins single-handedly. Both of them hated the Legion with a passion, but Morgan had already been a slave previously, and would be desperate not to become one again. The NCR commando would probably be unconcious for a long time, but the sound of the groups fighting has a small chance of waking her up. The reason Junius and Taurus didn't go right after the three of them was because they were dangerous, and the weapons that Junius had with him right now weren't the ones he was the most effective with. He was only an average shot with the Cowboy Repeater he was USED to using, let alone the hunting rifle holstered over his back. He was deadly with his Bowie Knife, but not nearly as much as he was with his Roman Gladius, or his spear. He was stronger than Taurus, and so would take on the strongest of the three. As he ran these calculations, they arrived at Tenpenny tower. Junius barked an order to let him in, and the gate promptly opened. He commanded Taurus to grab what gear he was most effective with, and meet him by the front gate. Junius downright sprinted to the elevator, and grabbed his new Centurion armor from a table, and donned it. He would be able take pieces of armor from Versing, Morgan and the trooper once he killed them all, and would probably mount Versing's one remaining pauldron on his shoulder as a prize.

He whistled. "FENRIR! come, dog!" His loyal dog came running to him, it's well-brushed brown fur bristling. It stared at Junius with respectful brown eyes.

As soon as he had his armor and weapons, he went back down the elevator with his dog. On the way out, he picked a Veteran Legionairre to follow him. Taurus was waiting by the front gates, wearing his usual Legion Scout armor and a coyote-helmet. Several throwing spears rested on his back, and a machete gladius was strapped to his side. With a Legion Veteran and Fenrir following them, it would be a 4-on-2 match, about even odds, given the resilience of their targets. They began jogging towards Megaton. Versing and Morgan, burdened down with the Commando, wouldn't be moving fast, but they'd be far enough away from anywhere to receive aid from outside sources. As they neared Megaton, Junius shot orders to the Legionarys following him.

"Me and Fenrir will engage the one with the eye-patch. You two will go after Versing. Don't underestimate him, he's an NCR veteran, and has killed many Praetorians."

They ran around Megaton, kept going by the physical stamina that was typical of all Legion troops. They couldn't see the enemy yet.

Meanwhile, Versing heard feet running from behind him, and whirled around only to find Loki, Morgan's pet wolf, looking up at him.

"Hey, Morgan, Loki followed us."

"Well, now that those two salvager dudes are gone, I gotta say; Something smells fishy with them; Literally. Could be my imagination, but they smell like.. Corpses. Burning, rotten corpses. But they're not Ghouls, obviously. but I don't think those guys are who they say they are. It's too much of a coincidence that they come along so suddenly..."

Morgan chuckled and petted his companion "Yeah he usualy does that, he's a bit of a baby at times but he is an excellent pet" Morgan got up from his crouched over position and saw something off in the distance, by the gate to Megaton.

"Oh shoot, looks like we have legion up ahead" Morgan got into a kneeling position and looked at the Legion soldiers through his scope "Well well well, looks like my hunch was right. I can see Jay dressed in centurion armor up there, and his friend is there too, wearing Ferox's namesake on his head, and there is also another soldier. And a dog, but I think I'll focus on that legionary that are with them for this shot"

Morgan held up the scope to his eye and aimed at the soldier, he took 3 deep breaths and fired at the exhaling of the third breath, blowing a big hole through his chest, killing him instantly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Junius reacted to the gunshot and looked as his underling died next to him, he soon understood what was going on and started laughing

"So there you are! Took you long enough to get here! No matter, prepare to die!" He then unsheated his gladius and sent Fenrir towards Morgan, but Loki was a bit faster and jumped at Fenrir, engaging in battle.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morgan decided to use his .45 this time so he pulled it and fired off a few shots towards Junius, hoping some would hit him.

Versing put the Commando down behind the most sheltered position he could find (a large rock) and grabbed his assault rifle. He fired four shots at Skyler just as Loki and Jay's dog started fighting, and another 3 before he noticed something.

"HEY! Jay is that sone of a-" A gunshot from Morgan's .45 drowned out what he said. "-That wiped out half my squad!" He turned the rifle towards Jay/Junius and started shooting at him, only to have Skyler hit him square in the chest with a throwing spear, almost dead in the heart. All he felt was a thud as the spear hit him and he collapsed onto his back. Thankfully, it didn't penetrate the armor, instead leaving a good-sized dent, although it definitely left him winded.

"That's Centurion Junius to you, profligate!" Skyler shouted across the field at him.

"Morgan, watch it! Those throwing spears pack a nasty punch!" He directed a jeer at Junius. "Gonna throw you off another balcony, skirt!" He shot 6 bullets, two burst-fires, in Junius' direction, but the damn Centurion was too fast, even if Versing led his shots. Thinking fast, he took one of his freshly-made molotov cocktails, lit it using a lighter he kept for campfires, and threw it at Junius. He didn't see if it hit, because he turned his rifle towards Skyler, who already had another throwing spear heading straight for him. This time Versing rolled to the right, and reloaded the rifle. He brought up his head (and the rifle) just in time to watch Skyler to jump through the air and tackle Versing, sending the both of them into the dirt and causing Versing to drop the assault rifle a good five feet away, next to Morgan.

"Morgan!" He shouted as loud as he could. "My rifle has a fresh clip! use it!"

Skyler was too close for Versing to effectively use his pistol, so he pulled his scavenged machete gladius out of his belt.

"Let's show you how the NCR does things." He snarled, as Skyler lunged at him with a machete.

Edited by Flipout6

sarina didnt know how long she had been unconcious, but being dropped on her ass behind a rock brought her too rather quickly. then she heard the gunshot the first of a few, she quickly assesed her situation and grabbed one of the emergency injectors from the pockets of her skinsuit jamming it into her leg. there was a surge of adrenaline and painkillers blasting its way through her system the advanced pharmachems in the booster would act like a half dozen super stimpacks (if you believed the lable). her armour plates where gone someone had dressed her wounds and set her broken bones. none of her weapons seemed to be around her so she improvised, picking up a rock she poked her head around the boulder to scan for a target...

two dogs two legion and the killer and one of his companions where fighting a pitched battle over what it didnt matter she was here to stop the legion so she took aim and fired the rock at the head of the legion mongrel.

It was the greatest find of the century. Everything took a backseat to this project. It was even smack between Tenpenny towers and Megaton, so resources weren't too far!

This fantastic find was an old F4-Phantom, at least according to a flight instruction manual stuffed behind the pilot's seat. It was Maya's fifth day at the site; she had noticed the aircraft a week earlier, barely noticeable under a layer of caked, irradiated mud and rusted roof paneling. In the five days' time, she had gotten much of the dirt and debris off the aircraft, revealing a near flawless aircraft. The vehicle could fetch a pretty penny to a large-time scavenger as it was, but Maya wouldn't settle for a couple thousand caps when something with so much potential just stood there, waiting to be exploited. Indeed, a piece of technology that could rival the pesky Enclave and their equipment wasn't something to be taken lightly.

Maya wiped the sweat off her brow with the back of her hand as she soldered several wires in a panel of the aircraft's cockpit. The small, 9V battery powered soldering iron wasn't fit for more than repairing shorted radios, but it still did the job here. With a loud clank, she put an instrument panel back into its place. She hurriedly screwed in the bolts to the panel; she was beginning to hear gunfire coming from the direction of Megaton, and that wreaked of trouble. Everything in the cockpit looked fit. The glass, bulletproof canopy was as shiny as it could get with a bit of grease and old linen rags, some instruments were bent back into shape, there was ample jet fuel in the tank, and the wiring was now finished. With a bated breath, she pressed the ignition to one of the engines. To her delight, and with great surprise, the engine powered up to idle, and all the instruments lit up in the cockpit. A small little Iridium powered display screen popped up in the thin glass panel above the instruments displaying airspeed, G-force, altitude, climb rate, and angle of attack, which all read zero. The gun was offline, and time was most certainly wrong, but intriguingly, there was an indication that at least several of the missiles were still live.

Maya's mind raced with possibilities. The aircraft was in no position to fly --Indeed, the nose cone was still buried into the ground-- and were scant few people who would know anything, anymore, save for a ghoul that had been a pilot before the war. But before she could make any further action, something went wrong; a short-circuit, or something, as a rocket suddenly fired, embedding itself in the mud and exploding. It did little damage, but startled, Maya accidentally and violently hit the throttles, and the plane, wedged in the thick mud, shore off a wing, flipped into the air and flung the lightweight girl out of the cockpit and into the ground. Without a wing, the aircraft violently spiraled into the ground a couple miles away in the directly of Megaton with a large explosion, sending metal debris everywhere. There were several more explosions as the ordnance caught fire and exploded in a spectacular scene.

Maya, generally uninjured, stood up and only blinked at the burning carcass of the aircraft, dumbfounded and slightly disillusioned.

Morgan pulled his knife, threw his coat on the ground and yelled to Junius "JUNIUS! LET'S DO THIS! PROPER BLADE COMBAT! OR ARE YOU TOO AFRAID!?"

He then got into a stable knife fighting pose and made him self ready for what junius would do

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Junius laughed and walked up towards Morgan, gladius in hand "Do you really think, that you can win this? Look at yourself! You are unarmored, you will die in a few hits! But very well, if that is how you want it, have at thee!"

He then lunged towards Morgan, and the pair locked in combat.