Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

Jackson answered. "Yeah, I'll come. Got everything I need, just let me empty my bag." Jackson found the room where he kept his tent (pitched up and everything) and dumped most of the contents of his backpack onto the bed-mostly food and water, a change of clothes, and his utility knife, which he kept.

Versing decided to go along as well, partially to keep an eye on Jackson. "Yeah, count me in. Shotgun will be useful in close quarters like that." He grabbed his backpack, emptied it, and joined everyone in the lobby. "Hey, Jackson, you don't have much for close-quarters weapons." He noted.

Grinning, Jackson patted his baseball bat, which hung across his back in a criss-cross pattern with his scoped .308 rifle. "Got a pistol, too. Not a big one, but enough to take down a protectron, robobrain or raider. Just gotta aim in the right place."

Versing thought for a moment, then nodded. "I suppose it will have to do. Don't get shot." The main reason for his acceptance? That baseball bat. If Jackson could chase a guy six miles with it no problem he could swing it just fine.

"Ready when you guys are." Jackson grinned.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alrighty. Sandro, De Vere and Tomo can guard the place. We'll leave the animals here, too. Rex, Chips, Chaser and Spark will probably just get in the way unfortunately. Morgan, leave Mister Cuddlesworth behind aswell. If people see we have a pet Deathclaw, even a moderately small one, they'll think twice before attacking. Even Raiders aren't that dumb."

[OOC: I forgot we had that Deathclaw until I looked back on posts. xD]

Morgan staggered a bit when he heard Cathy mention Mr Cuddlesworth

"Hey know, he's not my pet! You know I have some slight problems with deathclaws ever since the mart!"

Just thinking of that day made it sting where his left eye would have been if it wouldn't have been for one bad encounter with a deathclaw.

"You're the one that oppted we keep him. I just picked the name for him." Cathy laughed softly as she looked over at the small Deathclaw as it bit one of it's long claws, then goofily fell over.

Versing walked right up to Axelle.

"Hey." He said, rather softly and quietly. He really felt bad over dropping the news on her like that. He had no idea how anybody else felt about it, but he did know it hit her hard. He was just ashamed that he needed Jackson around to figure it out. He quite frankly had no idea how he was going to put this. "I, um, kinda just dumped the news on you back there. I realise it's probably a nasty surprise, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it earlier, okay? I have good reasons for it, but that doesn't mean I won't miss you or any of these people-except Ferox, maybe- alright?"

Jackson observed the conversation-not hearing anything-and was satisfied that his talk with Versing earlier had yielded some sort of effect.

Edited by Flipout6

"Alright losers and loserettes. Shall we get going while we still have daylight? S'Already 11:30, I'd like to get there and back before dinner, preferably."

Cathy kinda rocked on her heels as she was saying this, antsy to get going, mostly because the chems in her system wouldn't last forever, unless she found more at RobCo.

As he waited he wandered over to the shop tucked into one of the side hallways. He glanced at the sign for a moment, seeing the letters, and then walked in. He mostly just looked around, taking a few .308 rounds for his rifle, but he hit the jackpot when he checked underneath the counter. A blue piece of grid paper winked up at him, complete with detailed drawings on how to create a weapon Jackson had wanted for ages: a dart gun. He snatched it up eagerly, reading it carefully. He didn't bother with the note on the back, he knew what the gun was for and what it could do, and there were pictures of the things he would need to make it and visual instructions on how to do so. Looks like he'd need a paint gun, some weird tubing, a kid's toy car and the poison gland off a radscorpion (he usually had a few of thos.e on him. They fetched a pretty penny.) Jackson rolled up the paper and tucked it into his backpack. He scrounged around the med bay and found some tubing that looked like what he'd need, but he couldn't find any of the other stuff on the entire first floor, nor could he find any darts. He sighed and went back down the stairs. The reasons he wanted a dart gun were numerous: It was silent, and while it didn't pack much of a punch initially the poison tipped on the darts certainly did. Radscorpion venom killed people, sure, but first it targeted the target's legs so they couldn't run away. It was also easy to create and maintain, and replacement parts were everywhere. With all that and the fact it was superior to his .32 pistol, Jackson couldn't wait to get his hands on one. Until then, they had some lumber to bring back from the RobCo facility.

"I'd like to get going, if everyone else is ready." He said impatiently. He went outside and waited just outside the gates. holding his rifle in his hands and tapping his feet. Sometimes he'd scan the horizon with the scope of his rifle, but for now there was nothing to take potshots at.

"You know," Axelle said as she tightened the laces on her boots and snatched up her crowbar and some tools, intending on sneaking up behind as many robots as she could in order to fiddle with their combat inhibitors, "This just means we'll follow you. You won't get away from this family so easily. To hell and back, Vers." She fit her lip rings between her teeth and bit down, satisfied with the sound of metal against her teeth, before her tongue ring got wedged underneath one of them. She gently extricated the stud from inside the silver loop and glared at Versing as if to say, "You didn't see that."

Ferox stepped outside with Jackson and grinned at him pridefully as he leaned against the gate and said, "I never showed anyone what I'd looted yesterday, but check it out." He pulled his hand from behind his back, brandishing a bulky wrist-mounted weapon which resembled a power fist. It was patterned as if someone would have used it for an industrial job, with black and yellow on the block-shaped wrist segment. Over Ferox's knuckle was a plate connected by wires to the wrist segment which would deliver a shock if it was pressed upon. "Zap glove. They apparently had a few of the higher-ups using these. I guess they knew they could be going up against armored soldiers and got smart. This one is sort of in bad shape, but it'll do its job just fine."

Versing winced.

"I'm not sure that would be strictly wise, Axelle. It's nothing against you, but I'm going to be going right through Legion territory. If I come the same way I did to get here I'll pass within a hundred miles of Flagstaff. That's their capital, and you know as well as I do how the legion treats women, young or old." He said. Flagstaff was the capital city of Caesar's Legion, the Bull's equivalent to Shady Sands. All they had to do was get caught by a Legion patrol and- Versing didn't finish the thought. Thinking about all his friends enslaved (and worse, for the women) by the Legion because they tried to follow him was painful.

Outside, Jackson grinned mischievously.

"Nice little boxin' glove you got there, Octopus." He'd hear Versing call Ferox that at least once. Unlike Versing, however, Jackson was just joking around and his cheeky smile made such a thing obvious. "Yeah, the Brotherhood of Steel's got a heavy presence here in the Capital Wasteland. They keep the muties at bay, and most of them are actually pretty nice-except the last guy I met- but the power armor they wear would be worse than useless against that thing." He gestured to the zap glove before he scanned the horizon once again. When his eyes flicked over a hill, though, he noticed something he hadn't before. Grasping his rifle firmly, Jackson went over and inspected the imprints in the sand....tracks.

"Hmmmm....Yao Guai tracks..." Jackson knew this area was heavily populated with Yao Guai, and the smell of blood and corpses from the battle yesterday would have brought them out to investigate. It looked like there had been two around here last night. Jackson stood up and looked warily around. The tracks were only a few hours old, probably made early in the morning when it was still dark.

Jackson walked back into the tower, reporting his findings to Ferox on the way in. He spoke loudly to grab everybody's attention.

"Hey, we're in heavy Yao Guai territory. A pair of them came around a couple hours ago, judging from the tracks, only ten feet from the front door. They've got dead bodies to eat, but Yao Guai are predators, not scavengers. That is, they prefer live prey as opposed to a stiff corpse. Be on the lookout when we're on our way there."

Cathy walked up behind Versing almost sneakily, tossing her left arm around her with a snicker.

"I'm with Axelle on this one. We just annihilated about 300+ Legionarries, ASWELL as one of Caesar's top field commanders. All of us against a few of them will be like a Deathclaw taking on a Mole Rat. Now c'mon, let's get going before it gets dark out. I wanna be there, back, fed and in bed before 11 PM. that's when my pain's gonna flare up again."

She headed off toward the door, stopped by Jackson. She listened to him, shaking her head.

"Sweetie, Morgan there lost his eye to a Deathclaw Matriarch, that we soon after destroyed. Yao Guais go down with a couple shotgun shells. We'll be fine. Plus I found some poison hidden in my room, I can slather that on my Bowie and use that if need be."