Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

Luisa smiled and said "I can defend myself... and thank you for the worry, but i am sadly not a girl anymore... i am thirty in a few weeks. If you can spare a few minutes while i go and get changed into something a little more... you know, suitable, i would love to come along... beats dancing for old men."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Good, good." Axelle said, then lifted a fist to the air and brought it down so that she was pointing at the gates, an awkward but charming motion. "Then let's get our asses moving!"

Wasting no time, she ran for the gates, going down the ramp and across the boards with ease, then climbing the steep hill with a little more effort. Spark beat her there. The punky girl disappeared behind the gates and rushed past the securitron at the entrance, pigtails bobbing with her every step. She stopped and put her hands on her knees, panting. "Where are you, Vladimir?"

Vlad sat on a rather large rock overseeing the slopes and toxic wastes that littered the outskirts of megaton. He sat, sipping a small metal flask filled with water surprisingly enough. He was near the gates of megaton, he could look back and see them. Though when he did he saw Axelle panting as if she had just ran a mile, Vlad put the cap on his flask securing it tightly and placed it in one of the side pockets of his back pack. He stood, shielding his eyes with his hands from the rather gloomy yellow sun, with a cheery grin he said.

"Fine work on Sandro's gun, I could hear it from here." He gave a toothy grin as he heard Sandro yelling for Leeroy.

"Well, once the other two show up we will start moving towards the mall south east of here..erm super duper mart. If that sounds fine to you Ms.Axelle."

Vlad then took a long stare out south, as if peering into the distance trying to unveil any threats or unexpected things, though alas Vlad fails to predict any of them within the far distance.

Vlad, curious as ever looked Axelle up and down and asks in quite a humored tone. "How old are exactly?" He chuckled as he continued.

"Must be around..say sixteen, maybe seventeen. It must be hard, living here in this damned world." Vlad looks down to his boots, "Only the strong may live in what we do now, it seems like the weak have no place to hide or live in safety..all a thing of the past. It boggles me how we can survive."

Vlad gets out his flask and takes a sip from it, then placing the cap upon the top of it and puts it back within the side pocket of his bag. He looks to Axelle with a gentle smile, then back into the distance where the wasteland is at its best, the broken highways can be seen from afar. Buildings that seemed toppled down and only the sound of the wind whipping across the land can be heard. Throughout this whole time Vlad was mystified, when he sat alone perched on the rock gazing at the endless scenery of destruction and rubble it was clear to him that only the strong can live.

Vlad, who considers himself to be less then strong seemed to fear that thought, considering himself as someone of a weak type he was frightened at the thought of living in a world where only strong people may survive and in the end the weak will only be killed by those who are stronger then they. None the less, Vlad felt pity for himself and many others. Vlad had a lingering thought in his mind, a thought, an idea that scratched in his brain like a bug. All in do time.

Edited by boneless1

Axelle sat down on the ground and looked at the buildings in the distance, the same as Vlad was doing. Something about it seemed eerily beautiful as the dust swirled around them and the hot sun made their outlines waver on the horizon. "I know it sounds strange..." she started, blinking slowly, "But I can't imagine what the world could be like if it wasn't this way... It's just home, you know? You do what you have to so you can survive and you enjoy the little things..."

She let herself fall back onto the dirt and stared up at the sky, "You know, it's not so bad out here. I'm glad for every day I live, and I don't take it for granted. From what I heard, people before the war did that. If you ask me, they did us a favor. Now, even though the world is cruel, we are happy for every day our lives continue. It's just the strange thought of a fifteen year old mind, I guess." She closed her eyes as the sunlight washed over her, feeling like the world was perfect as it was.

Vlad looked to Axelle, who was laying down basking in the sun. He smiled to her words and looked back to the distance which the sun would grace the wasteland with its yellow glow. Vlad, then said. "You're right you know, partly..but right." Vlad then frowned, his thoughts drifting into a darkened area and began speaking.

"But when your being shot at, chased, beaten..there isn't anything in this world that is nice. Only the drink that makes you feel better. It isn't a world that was ideal for us. it is a world where we must fight everyday to live another...and that is the biggest fear." He looked to Axelle with a smile that almost gave reassurance.

"But that is why there are people like you and I, Sandro and Greebo. Those who would put a gun in a strangers face to save the one who is being threatened."

Vlad then walked to Axelle, blocking the sunlight from her face he leans down extending his hand to her. "You know, once we hit the capital city..that sword wont do you any good. You good at shooting some lead?" Vlad then smiles reluctantly as the sun beats down upon his head.

Morgan kneeled down and petted Loki and had a little chat with him before he set off to join the others; "you know Loki, I think we have found some good people, and if we are lucky, they might be enough for us to forget our past eh boy?"

Loki barked in response to Morgan who smiled: "Maybe, once I trust them you know? when that happens, I am going to tell them dont worry. But right now I don't exactly know them that very well. Anyways what do you say about catching up to the others?" they both ran off to catch up to them.

When Morgan and Loki catched up he heard someone talking off in the distance: "You do what you have to so you can survive and you enjoy the little things..." and thought thats a perfect logic, he then realised it was Axelle speakin and went up to them; "so, where to first gang? If we are going towards D.C. im guessing Super Duper Mart since there is a metro station not far from there" once again he picked up one of his trademark cigars but he didnt light it, he just wanted something to toy around with to keep focused.

Leaving Moriarty's saloon, Versung headed straight for the main gates, intent on leaving the city. Before he opened the main gates, he turned to Lucas Simms.

"If some nasty-looking men in crimson come looking for me, just tell them that I went south-east, into the city. That's where I'm going, so you won't be harmed for lying." Simms looked at him, for a second, before he nodded. He knew, from a gut feeling, that this man in the strange armor was a good man, and could be trusted. He'd had that feeling with The Lone Wanderer, too, when they came through Megaton a long while ago, and look what that gut feeling had proven true!

Versing left through the main gated and forged southeast, true to his word. He swung his service rifle out from over his shouler, and held it in his hands. If the assassins caught up, he'd need it. He walked on, constantly looking around once again for his pursuers, but not finding any.... yet. Versing continued walking along downhill towards D.C, constantly alert for any sign of trouble. He did pass be what seemed to be quite a large and mixed group, including a ghoul in a british army suit and a.... Yao Guai? It was tempting to talk to them, but he couldn't let them be the targets of a Legion interrogation, they would end up as corpses on a cross, or slaves. He walked by them, thinking that maybe if by chance he managed to kill the assassins, maybe then he could travel with somebody. He deeply missed human company out in the Wasteland, and it would be good to travel with someone again.

He wandered along for a long while, at least two hours, but never really got far from Megaton. He came upon a bridge running over the Potomac. He began to cross, looking out for landmines or bear traps. Halfway over, he caught movement out of the corner of his vision. He snapped his head up, only to half his heart leap into his throat and scramble to get to his brain. Over the railing of the bridge climbed a lean, muscular man...... In a crimson toga. In his hand he held a notched, short sword: a machete gladius, in the style of the ancient romans. On his back there was a red flag, the image of a yellow bull standing out in the middle. He wore nothing on his head, probably having lost his headgear along the way. His hair was shaved off right down to the skin, and his brown eyes were blazing with fury and triumph. A pair of colleagues climbed over the bridge beside him. Versing noted with a skipped heartbeat that this was the only whole squad of Legionairres left.

"Finally, we have triumphed. Nobody evades the eye of Caesar. Prepare to die, Profligate!" He raised his gladius and charged, not even giving Versing time to think about how the hell it was they caught up to him so fast.

Edited by Flipout6