Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

"... Mister Cuddlesworth? It's a kind of ironic name, 'cause Deathclaws aren't cuddly at all. Yeah, there we go! D'ya like that name?"

The Deathclaw scrapped its claws in approval, then propped itself on it's arms as if it had four legs.

"I think he likes it~"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cuddlesworth? Sounds more like the name of a teddy bear to me. After all like you said, deathclaws aint cuddly. But if he likes it I guess I can go with it"

Morgan nodded at the deathclaw then took out a cigar and lit it

Mark continued to watch the Talon company mercenaries throughout the day, watching them go about their routines and their little quirks. Still none of them actually patrolled, unless you counted one particularly long haired man pacing constantly and blathering to himself off to one side. One sat around and fiddled with his gun and all manner of cleaning equipment and maintenance gear, including what seemed like a few modification pieces but Mark couldn't tell from so high up. A couple still sat around the fire talking. Suddenly he saw his chance. It had been a few hours since his last little trick so no one would think anything suspicious yet. An individual, that Mark had witnessed having an altercation with the seemingly deranged pacing man, walked by the troubled pacer with his back turned. Mark threw a small piece of rubble at the pacing man's back. Mark couldn't hear the impact but he saw its affect as the pacing man stopped and violently shook his arms in fury before whipping his head around and yelling at his companion. Mark couldn't make out complete words, partially because of the distance and partially because of how irate the man was and the distortion of his voice. Finally the framed man walked away, agitated. Mark got ready to throw another rock but the pacing man did his job for him and threw a rock of his own at the other man. Another argument ensued, presumably about how the pacing man was clueless and had no right to harass the other. Rather quickly, at least Mark thought so, the argument escalated to a fight and the men dove at one another, punching, kicking and grappling. The others gathered around now to watch the fight. Suddenly the gleam of a knife was seen and then another as they began fighting more in earnest. It seemed like the others were starting to step in when one of the men finally stabbed the other and began repeatedly impaling him while his foe struggled and slashed back. Suddenly though the man on the ground produced a pistol and shot his adversary, killing him instantly and all of the others drew their guns and fired back in response. Mark smirked a little with satisfaction. Two birds, truly with one stone.

Versing swore under his breath. How could he have been so utterly careless? They had a member of the Legion's elite with them, as well as two complete strangers. He shot a vicious look at Ferox.

"You'd better do your duty to the Legion and die soon, scum, or I'll do the job for you, regardless of what Axelle says. And I'll do it sooner if you try anything. Just remember what I did to your squad."

He regarded Jay and Skyler suspiciously, but for now they seemed innocent enough. He just hoped they weren't thinking about how many different ways he could die. Unbeknownst to him or anyone that didn't know of their Legion status, they were.

He swore again. "I'm sorry, Morgan. I can really be an idiot sometimes. I'll keep watch tonight, all night, and keep an eye out for anything suspicious, like a LEGION ASSASSIN GOING FOR HIS THROAT." He directed the last bit towards Ferox. Docile as the dirtbag was now, Versing was sure that he could become dangerous any second, fingers or no.

Morgan glared, understandably angry, at Versing and let out a puff of smoke "Just to make sure you keep your promise, I'm gonna ask Loki to sit with you. It can be good to have him by your side when guarding anyways. He is an excellent guard wolf."

He started walking towards his bedroll but he stopped after a short distance to pick up their unconscious spec ops "friend", but before he continued to walk towards the mart he made a short remark towards Versing "Oh and Vers, try to keep your tounge still about things like these in the future"

Cathy shot Vers a deathly looking glare, being the sympathetic person she was.

"you'll do no such thing. How many times does Ferox have to say he was FORCED? In his shoes, you know darn well you and I both would've done the same thing. He was basically a SLAVE, and you're treating him as if he was Caesar himself. He's left the Legion. He has new comrades now. Keep your gun holstered or I'll shoot you myself. We clear? IF Ferox backstabs us, which he probably WON'T do, because he knows wed end him, THEN you can kill him. Until then, NO. Understood?

Morgan overheard how Cathy told off Vers and came back to the two again "I'd want to keep him alive anyways, maybe we could shake some info out of him? Or atleast talk with him about the legions movement and such, of course in a civil manner not involving my fist meeting his face, no matter how tempting it sounds. I think I'm slowly starting to like him, like a stray dog."

He took out his canteen and took a sip, and then offered it to Ferox to allow him to have a drink.

Versing sighed, exasperated. Why did everybody have to defend the one who would enslave them all, and for the women, probably do worse?

"I've been shot before. As long as you know what he'd do to us all if he had the chance. Especially to the women, considering the Legion's view on them. I've got my eye on him. He tries anything, and I'll shoot for the legs instead of the heart, if you want him around that badly. No promises I won't hit his femoral, though." Versing said, and then added under his breath, "It'd be fun to watch him crawl in hid own blood."

Jay chimed in. "I don't see why you should execute the guy, he could be used as a pack mule."

"Or a human shield." Versing shot back, nastily.

Jay shrugged. "That could work."

Skyler jumped in. "Hey, I dunno where ya get off talkin' my man Jay with that tone, but if ya don't stop, I'll see how well ya can take a punch."

Versing threw up his arms, and then let them drop. "Whatever. As much as I might like to take you up on that offer, we got other worries." He indicated the unconcious NCR trooper.

Edited by Flipout6

Sandro sighed. He grew tired of waiting around. He decided to meet them in DC. Seeing as he was a ghoul the ferals that usually infested the Metro tunnels would pose no trouble to him, unless he shot them. He figured that Morgan and the rest of the group could handle a few ferals, but he grabbed a couple of mines the raiders left behind to take out some of the denser groups. He shouldered his pack, grabbed his sawed off and his assault rifle and walked off into the wastes.

Tomoyo woke up from a nap to see a baby deathclaw. "Yes, yes It's very cute. I'm bored waiting around here! That and it becomes increasingly likely that we will become targets. I suggest we get moving as soon as possible." She remembered before dozing hearing what Cathy said, and blushed. "I am not cute." She protested weakly, blushing slightly.

Leeroy the Yao Guai gave a stretching, half roaring yawn, and padded off after Sandro.

Morgan couldn't help but chuckle at Versings anger and then decided to speak "I think we can have some use of him, the legion makes their own medicine after all so maybe he could teach us a thing or two, and as one of the newcomers said, we can use him as a pack mule. Thus he can be somewhat useful to us."

He thought for a second and then spoke again

"Besides, considering that he has seen what we can do, especially Axelles sadistic traits, I don't think he is going to do anything"

Edited by MikeRyan