Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

Maya nodded in response to Versing in lieu of shaking his bloody hand before responding to Morgan. "Skip the formalities, please. I'm not for them. Just call me Maya or Parker, whichever you like. Of course, I'll give you guys a hand."

She surmised that the girl covered in the centuries old instant-mash potatoes was likely their friend. She bent down and picked up the three foot wide and four foot long canopy, and looked back at the girl again, pausing for a moment to think. It was a bit small, but it looked like it might work. "I was going to fashion this into a bulletproof shield, but I think it could be used as a makeshift stretcher for now, even if it's a bit dome-shaped. What do you think?"

Edited by Lutine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan nodded slowly "yeah that will work good, I can help you push on a bit, if you want some help that is."

Suddenly, a spike of pain shot through Morgans body, striking his head like a hammer, it was enough to make him bend over screaming and then throw up before falling to his knees gasping for air.

"Oh I hate this part" was the last thing he said before blacking out, shivering from pain

Edited by MikeRyan

"My arm might be injured, but it's a small cut. I can still carry the commando. As for the stretcher, it should be fine."

"Oh, I hate this part." Morgan said, after he bent over, screamed in agony, and puked.

"Oh, Tandi's Panties..." Morgan fell unconcious. Versing rushed over to him, and felt for a pulse. There still was one, he was probably just in shock, or his adrenaline rush was fading and he was injured more than he let on. "I can't carry both of them, but perhaps I could carry one and drag the other. It takes two people to use the stretcher to carry one person, so just make a shield out of it, I suppose. I guess I'm dragging Morgan. Nothing against him, it's just that dragging the Commando might kill her. Morgan's tougher than that." he tossed the Commando, whoever she was, over his shoulder like he would carry a sack of potatoes, and grabbed Morgan by the collar. He began a slow, painstaking half-limp to Megaton. He avoided drugs unless absolutely necessary, but this job might require some Buffout or Med-X later on, if his injuries started hurting him.

OOC: Ahh, sorry. I was pretty busy the past day.

"I'll help. It's not like this thing is really heavy, anyway."

Saying that, Maya grabbed the other side of Morgan's collar with her remaining free hand, and dragged him towards Megaton as well. "It's the best I can do. I ran out of anything medical related several days ago."

Hopefully some attentive town guard might notice and render some assistance. Two people dragging two unconscious people, their weapons, and a big glass window was honestly very clumsy and painstaking work.

Maya rendered Versing some assistance in dragging Morgan. Dividing his weight in half would help a lot.

"Thanks. Poor man's going to need a LOT of Med-X once we get to Megaton. One of the Legionairres dislocated his shoulder, might have broken his arm, and almost broke his back. And if he's unconcious, he probably got hit on the head a bunch of times, too."

Mark had thoroughly enjoyed his day and it was getting into the evening now but he was still restless. He resolved to do some more exploring. He determined that he needed to get in some exploring. He hooked up his ropes and descended to some of the lower regions of the apartment building. He still had yet to explore the whole of the building, he simply hadn't had time. He just had swept it for infestations of mutants, ghouls and the like but not much else. He lowered himself to a level that he knew was no longer connected to the ground floor and was, in all likelihood, unreachable without some climbing talent. Fortunately that meant no chance of supermutants or their pet centaurs. That didn't, however, rule out ferals and much to his chagrin, they were here now. Only a few, about six or seven but it would still be a pain, though Mark didn't register risks very much any more, it would also be quite dangerous. One of the ferals howled, drawing its companions' attention to Mark then charged him. It made to swipe with its hand but Mark deftly ducked underneath it and brought his right shoulder up underneath the imaciated ghoul, trowing it completely off balance and picking it up. Mark tossed it to the side and brought his arm, clenching his titanium crowbar tightly, down and crushed the feral's skull viciously. Two came close to him now and he jumped backwards to avoid the swipe of one of them that nearly ripped his chest open. Fortunately the ferals' tenacity was counterbalanced by a total lack of tactics other than the most rudimentary sort and no real strategy or techniques in close quarters combat. This de-humanization was quite nice for Mark as the feral's all-or-nothing swipe cost it its footing and Mark brought his crowbar smashing through its skull as well. The second feral made a more horizontal sweep with its arm that Mark leaned back to avoid before bringing his trusty home-improvement-wasteland-killing tool into the ghoul's head with a back hand stroke.

The final four ghouls were a little smarter than their earlier counter parts and came slowly and deliberately in a wide arc, attempting to cut Mark off from any escape routes. Mark slowly back up until he felt the gritty dust and rubble right by the edge of the building's ruined wall. The ghouls got about eight feet away from him each and then the one on his far left lunged at him swiping with both hands in an "X" like pattern. He ducked and rolled underneath it, twisting as he did so. As he finished his somersault-twist he landed on his feet in a crouched position and exploded upward towards the ghoul. He took his crowbar in both hands and brought it crashing down into its head, neck and spinal column. As he did so another ghoul leaped towards him. This time it connected and he felt a sharp tug on his shirt. Thankfully the ghoul had only snagged his shirt with its claws and struck him with only its palms. As the ghoul struggled to free itself Mark kicked it in the chest and sent it backwards, ripping his shirt to pieces but the ghoul dazed in a pile of rubble. The final two came at mark at the same time both lunging. He dropped to the ground and rolled sideways, just escaping their slashes and feet. He came up quickly and managed to bash one ghoul's head in and as the other turned he paid it in kind as well. Mark breathed a sigh of relief as the final ghoul went down. But then he heard a deliberate plodding and noticed a faint glow.

"Awwwwwe crap." He said as the glowing one rounded the corner and starred him down. Suddenly, it charged. Mark wasn't sure what to do in this situation, then he decided, what the hell, and just went with it. He charged too! As he neared the beast he dropped down into a slide tackle position and took out the glowing one's legs with a satisfying crunch as its face pounded the ground. He popped himself up using his elbow and then stood on the ghoul's back and raised his crowbar to deliver the killing blow but then it started to get up and threw Mark off balance. He barely managed to get his swing in to kill the blasted thing but he knew he didn't have much time as he hit the ground with a loud grunt. He scrambled to his feet and sprinted for his rope. He could hear the corpse beginning to hum as he threw himself the last bit, grabbing the rope as he went. Green goo splattered everywhere as the glowing one exploded in a flurry of organs and radiation. Mark caught his breath a bit and began to climb back up the length of rope that he had slid when suddenly a feral jumped down on him. It was the one that had landed in the rubble! The glowing one's radiation healed the blasted thing. The ghoul latched onto him and started trying to bite him. Mark flailed and flailed, holding the creature at bay and then he did the unthinkable: he let go. He plummeted down the length of the rope with the ghoul still on him but definitely bewildered. He determinedly grabbed the rope and twisted his wrist with all his strength to bring himself and the ghoul to the quickest stop possible, nearly ripping his shoulder out of its socket in the process and managing to rip the skin of his right hand raw and bloody. The ghoul lost it's grip a bit and was now focused on hanging on rather than eating him. Mark took the opportunity to use his body weight and slam the pair into the building wall with as much force as possible, further loosening the ghoul. Finally he took his free hand and punched the ghoul in the face repeatedly and at last the foul creature fell and splattered five stories below on sharp concrete chunks.

Mark returned to the floor that had had the ghouls and found a Nuka-Cola machine close to the ledge. He decided a drink was enough loot for one day and took the dozen bottles left in the machine with him in his pack back up to the top. He wrapped up his hand and applied anti-biotics before enjoying one of his Nuka-Colas and watching the landscape.

As Maya and Versing dragged an unconcious Morgan, his wolf Loki whined and nuzzled his hand.

"What is it, Loki?" He asked the wolf kindly. It held a piece of paper in its mouth. The paper was folded, but Morgan's name was written in big letters, and double-underlined. Loki stopped right in front of him and dropped it at his feet. "Hmm. better read this." He managed to bend over, pick it up, and even unfold it with accidentally killing somebody. He read it over, quickly. "Good dog, Loki!" he rubbed the wolf's head as best he could, and then put the letter in Loki's collar. He turned his head to Maya. "A letter from Morgan, in case of a situation like this. Something in his heart makes it dangerous for him to use several different types of drugs. He mentioned a few, but Med-X, Super stimpaks, and Buffout were underlined, probably because if he was knocked unconcious those would be a doctor's go-to medical supplies. Things just got a lot more complicated."

Edited by Flipout6

Well, that certainly put a damper on things. Most of the current medical equipment was just slashed out in one fell swoop by this man's apparent heart condition. It wasn't a game breaker, though.

"Ehh... Crap. Well, if modern medicine doesn't work, there's certainly older methods around. Bandages, painkillers, sleep, nutrition, blood-letting... Can't forget about amputation. Wait, that's a horrible idea. There was a surgeon I read in this book that actually had a 300% mortality rate in one surgery."

Megaton was just up ahead now, so medical attention for Morgan was in a short way. "I'm not a doctor, but when we get to Megaton, try whacking him awake and give him some decent food. If that doesn't work, we can chance the 300% mortality rate."

Morgan had precisely written down a good description of what meds he cant take due to his heart condition;

"To who ever reads this

If you are reading this then I am proboably down for the count and Loki gave you this note, if this is the case give him a small treat for a job well done.

Please note that due to a heart condition I've had since I was a kid, most meds are downright lethal to me.

For example I can't use med-x, buffout, mentats and those kinds of drugs without them nearly killing me. Normal Stimpaks are ok but Super-Stims are not.

So if you are going to use any kind of medication on me the tribal stuff is proboably the best bet.

Thanks for reading this!

Signed, Morgan"

"Let's hope we don't have a 300% mortality rate, then. I don't know of any tribal medicines out here. I don't know much about tribal medicines at all, really. Unless Broc Flower and Xander Root grow out here to make Healing Powder, Then I can't help much in that field." Versing said.