Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

[OOC: I'm baaaaack. for now, anyways.]

"Ugh, get the crap offa me, dillhole." Cathy groaned as she shoved a Legionairre's corpse off her. She'd gotten knocked unconcious moments before, but finally woke up in a heap against the fortification wall for the tower. She pushed herself up, but groaned as she did, due to the large gash on the back of her head.

"Son of a Hooker from the Enclave... So that's my blood on the wall.." she staggered over, her armor butchered and bloodied, one of her breasts nearly falling out of the damaged armor, not that she cared. She warned over to where she saw Vers and Morgan, and a corpse of someone.

"... Jay...? ... Oh, my God... Jay was Junius? Versing! Morg-- Ugh.."

She was cut off by her head wound getting to her, the woman falling down, panting steadily, trying to force herself up, successfully, and finally staggering to them before collapsing near "Jay." She rubbed the back of her head again, the blood from her gash staining her blonde locks, again, not that she cared.

"So Jay was Junius all along, eh? I mean, I assume this is Junius; Looks like a Centurion judging by the armor... I'm sorry I didn't--" she was interuppted by a brief coughing fit; "--Oh, God, excuse me.. Didn't figure it out before. I knew there was something wrong with him.." [i AM assuming his corpse is near-by; correct me fi I'm wrong?]

She fell to the ground, on her back, not caring of the dirt getting in her wounds.

"Either of you.. got a Stimpak? I used all mine up, and I have nothing left to heal this gash.. And if either of you look up my armor top, I'll kick you so hard in the nuts your grandsons will feel it, capiche? I'm aware it's broken and torn and probably offers a nice view, but no peaky."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomoyo rushed over and grabbed onto Cathy, helping the woman over to the shelter of the building. She jabbed a stimpak into Cathy's neck, as well as a Med-X to dull the pain while the Stimpak healed.

"Are you alright? You look a little banged up. Don't worry, Nurse Tomoyo is here for you." Tomoyo winked and kissed Cathy's neck where she had injected the Stimpak.

Sandro merely blew a cloud of pipe smoke at the pair, grabbed an old pre-war book out of his pack, and started reading.

Morgan got up from the floor and walked over to Versing and stared at him for a good while, as if he was judging him, deciding what to do.

After what must have been 5 minutes, Morgan grabbed Versing and dragged him in for the kind of hug that only a truly good friend could give.

"It's alright Vers, we both have our demons. I mean hell, I'm basicaly responsible for the death of about 10 kids, if not more, after our escape got detected and that still haunts me each night. You were just acting on orders, I wasn't. Now I'm not going to put a bullet in you, that would be a waste of a friend. I may be known as merciless, you saw what I did to Junius after all, but I still got a code of honor, and right now it tells me "Keep this man, he understands you".

Morgan looked Versing right in the eyes, as good as he could anyways, and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"Besides, you pretty much saved my life by giving me those meds after my little....outburst, so in my book, I owe you one. And I tend to pay my debts rather than avoiding them".

He gave Versing a friendly smile and took a mouthfull of water from his water bottle to freshen up a bit.

Versing waited patiently while Morgan thought about what to do with him. He was almost certain he'd be executed, and he stood up for it. He wouldn't die lying on his back. And then Morgan caught him completely off guard with a friendly embrace, which he returned. Then his leader's instinct returned.

"Hold on there. You aren't even remotely responsible for their deaths. Junius was the one that killed them, not you, your actions saved them from a long life of servitude to the Legion, and your scars are a story of their own about what kind of life that is. That's inevitably going to haunt you, but you aren't the one who aimed the gun at them and pulled the trigger. Think about that. I need some time to myself." Versing reassured, and broke the embrace. He walked out the door and up to the hill where Junius' body lay, and looked upon the carnage, reflecting.

Sandro grumbled, and said.

"Enough of the damned hugging and kissing and whatnot already. That can wait until later, can't it? I mean, Be grateful we all survived. Your past is your past, and should stay in the past. Meh, don't pay too much attention to me, just an old man rambling and being cranky." He blew out another cloud of smoke, and returned to his book.

Tomoyo held onto Cathy, and would let go only when Cathy told her to stop. No cranky ghoul would tell her when she could hug Cathy and when she couldn't.

A thousand thoughts raced through Versing's mind, memories of his life and worries about the future. Despite Morgan's reassurance, all of his bad memories were flowing back and riling him up. Bitter Springs brought a tear down his cheek, and the flashbacks of Hoover Dam. Junius butchering most of his squadmates was the most prevalent one. Finally, he snapped.

He slung his shotgun over his shoulder and drew his gladius. The dead man on the ground had caused everyone so much trouble. He didn't deserve to be recognized by anyone.

Versing hacked and slashed at Junius' corpse over and over and over again, spraying himself and the nearby ground with blood, growling like an animal the entire time. He spat out that Junius was a devil, and cut off his limbs and reduced him to several bloodystained bits of flesh. When it was all over, he stood there, smeared with blood, panting heavily, and wondered what it was that had caused that outburst.

Morgan came up behind Vers, looking at the handywork before he smiled a bit.

"Can't blame you for that really, feels good doesn't it? Just letting the anger come out"

Morgan looked out over the battlefield, seeing bodies of all kinds everywhere.

"Try to save some of the body, I want to put it on a stake for the world to see"

Sandro watched Versing's behavior, and something went Ping in his brain. He recognized this type of behavior, and saw it on some soldiers in the Great War who had started getting.. what was the word.. Shell Shock! That's it! He knew he would have to act, or this could get worse and the man could lose his mind. Sandro stood, and walked stiffly over to Versing, and bellowed,

"ATTENNNSHUN! That's Enough, Soldier! You are going to eat, get something to drink, and stop dwelling on old battles! That's an ORDER!" Sandro's posture, tone, and expression showed his old rank of Colonel from the war. His eyes had hardened, at the same time as being compassionate, and his pipe was gripped in his teeth in the same way his old drill sergeant used to with cigars.

"Versing! I gave you an order! I expect it followed!" He hoped that his tone and his bearing would strike a chord, and the man would listen, instead of turning on him.

Tomoyo looked slightly shocked at the behavior from Sandro, but she guessed it was a soldier thing. People who fought in wars would carry scars, mental or physical. She simply observed, staying well back, since she was more than a little scared of Versing at the moment. She hoped Sandro could calm him down.

Versing kicked and scattered Junius' remains everywhere, and spat on the ground beside him, still gripping his gladius tightly. Morgan complimented him on his handiwork.

"You're the one with his head.....Stick it on his own spear, hang it somewhere obvious. He deserves it, he has for years." He seethed.

"ATTEN-TION!" Sandro shouted. Versing jumped, surprised, and relaxed his stance a little, and turned around, only to face a tirade of orders coming from Sandro, including to eat and drink something, which he did, not necessarily out of obedience, but because he agreed that he needed some.

"Sandro, if this is about this-" He indicated his blood-soaked clothes, hands, and face. "-It's nothing, calm down." Tomoyo was looking at him funny...No, she was looking at him like he was about to attack her. He relaxed his pose as much as he could and said softly "Tomoyo, I'm not going to hurt you. Don't worry about me." He looked her straight in the eyes, and then addressed Sandro. "I'm going into the tower, in case there are any retreating legionairres to kill, or slaves to rescue." He emphasized the last word, and looked at Tomoyo as he said it.

Versing turned around and strode into the tower, his inexplicable rage not yet subsided. He was clearly aggressive, from the way he walked, the way he held his weapon, and his facial expression. He probably looked like a creature from hell when that was combined with blood-soaked clothes. A wounded Legionairre sat in a corner, and Versing approached him.

"The soldiers have a nickname for you, you know. 'Pariah Filiorum,' Pariah of the Children. We know what you've done, Versing. You have a reputation." He taunted.

Instantly enraged, Versing grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and forced him to his knees. He raised the gladius, prepared to strike a brutal killing blow that would split the man's entire torso open like a fish....

Sandro followed Versing, knowing he would probably do something he would regret. Sure enough, one of the Legionaires decided to make a smart remark, and Versing moved to kill him. Before the blade could descend, Sandro grabbed Versing's wrist, and joint-locked him, pushing Versing against a wall.

"Drop it!" Sandro growled, applying pressure.

"I said DROP IT! That's an Order!" Sandro looked at the Legionaire, and jerked his head.

"I believe in offering everyone ONE chance for Redemption. Pray our paths do not cross again, or if they do that you are not a legionaire anymore."