Skyrim issue with courier

ownallday

Hello I am having a problem with skyrim right now where a courier wants to give me something but he won't talk to me automatically to the screen where it shows to talking to another npc and I can't talk to him. He keeps following me around every where I go and keeps spamming that he has a message to delver to me. I tried the kill console command but that does not even kill him, he just kneels down and continues to follow me while he is kneeling down. Is there any way to fix this? I am running skyrim version 1.6 atm.

QUOTE: I FIXED this by disabling him then enabling him.

Edited by ownallday

Hello I am having a problem with skyrim right now where a courier wants to give me something but he won't talk to me automatically to the screen where it shows to talking to another npc and I can't talk to him. He keeps following me around every where I go and keeps spamming that he has a message to delver to me. I tried the kill console command but that does not even kill him, he just kneels down and continues to follow me while he is kneeling down. Is there any way to fix this? I am running skyrim version 1.6 atm.

QUOTE: I FIXED this by disabling him then enabling him.

How do you disable him? Also having this bug.

Go right up close to the courier, go into console and click on the courier (his ref id # will come up) then type "disable" (no quotations) hit enter, type "enable" and enter again. Exit console. (Console is entered/ exited by hitting the tilde ~ key.)

Go right up close to the courier, go into console and click on the courier (his ref id # will come up) then type "disable" (no quotations) hit enter, type "enable" and enter again. Exit console. (Console is entered/ exited by hitting the tilde ~ key.)

I have tried this a couple times now. I've never been able to get the click-for-reference ID console codes to work before. Is there an alternative code that will get me his ID, because if I click him, I get 00000014 and when I type disable and press enter and close console commands, nothing happens.

the 000000014 id is the id of your character. go in 1st person view and try again if u don't:)

maybe if u click on him with his ID ref and type recycle.

but make a save game before. markfordelete command and player.placeatme could work too

Edited by OrcVakarian

the 000000014 id is the id of your character. go in 1st person view and try again if u don't:)

maybe if u click on him with his ID ref and type recycle.

but make a save game before. markfordelete command and player.placeatme could work too

But, and I'm no techical expert or anything, wouldn't markfordelete remove him completely from the game? (i.e. after your next load) Also, player.placeatme creates a duplicate NPC (usually with buggy dialogue/AI). Typically, to move a named npc to your char you should instead use

prid reference id of the particular npc [return]

moveto player [return]

Weird thing is, according to wiki, the courier has one reference id: 00000000 and 4 different base id's depending on race here's the link I thought at first it was dependent on the PC's race, but actually I'm sure I got the nord courier even in my last playthrough as a Bosmer. I didn't think the base id had any bearing on this type of thing but I could be wrong, and I'm a bit weirded out by the 00000000 refid.

I know there's a way you can check through the console to see the refid of any item or npc, but I don't know how to do that.

ANYWAYS... to OP yeah, are you trying the console thing in first person? Makes clicking on the proper thing a LOT easier.

Maybe send a PM to the OP to see if he recalls exactly how he did it?

My 2 cents from the cheap seats.

Okay, figured out how to enable/disable courier (it was a matter of switching from 3rd personn to 1st, thanks for the suggestion!), but that didn't work. On the upside, I did figure out which mod was causing the courier issue in my case. The "To Have & To Hold - Marriage Mod" has not been updated since mid-May and therefore is clashing with 1.6's changes. At present, it is kind of a broken mod.

• 2 weeks later...