Q? - how do I clean Skyrim after removing all mods?

leonbrass

I need to get my clean, vanilla version Skyrim back after going crazy installing and uninstalling mods, without doing a new download from Steam.

How do I do this? Or am I stuck with a "fast" 9 hour download from Steam!? :wallbash:

I have just updated to Skyrim V. 1.6.xxx - and had to uninstall every mod I had to get it to run, however there are several "leftovers" I can't find ----

1. The Launcher main screen where you select play/new/load/exit etc. It still has the modified image

2. extra npc's in Breezehome which show up with no other mods installed???

3. various broken animations and body modifications... they are supposed to be uninstalled, but there they are anyway?

I have read the readme's from the involved mods, and they were not helpful.

Two things, you probably have some files left over that you've missed and secondly make sure you don't use a save game that was created with any mods installed.

I'll attach a text file that contains the directory and file structure of a clean 1.6 skyrim. If you still appear to have leftovers after ensuring there are no more files left hanging around, maybe you have over-written an original file.

HTH

Chris

Edited by hangarspace

• 4 weeks later...

Two things, you probably have some files left over that you've missed and secondly make sure you don't use a save game that was created with any mods installed.

I'll attach a text file that contains the directory and file structure of a clean 1.6 skyrim. If you still appear to have leftovers after ensuring there are no more files left hanging around, maybe you have over-written an original file.

HTH

Chris

Thanks hangarspace!! That was just what I needed!