Old World Blues doesnt start

SimplementeJA

Hi guys, hope someone can help me.

When i'm going to start Old World Blues, and i say i want to interact with the satellite, the quest "Midnight Science Fiction Feature" but after that my character freezes there without starting the dlc and only being able to look around. I have read that having the hard mode sometimes causes this problem but i dont have it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475068117

These are the mods that i installed.

Thx for the help

Edited by SimplementeJA

Do you even get the fade just prior to the "cutscene" movie? Please see the 'Issue: (Lonesome Road, or other) DLC hangs after cutscene' in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

A list of mods you installed from some guide is not sufficient to troubleshoot most problems. We REALLY need to see your sorted "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Ok, im going to read what you sent. No, the screen doesnt fade. I uploaded an image of how my fomm looks like. Thx for help. Btw, something weird that happens is that i can verify archives continously, i mean, steam notices there are archives missing, it says it will download them(actually in the downloads section appears) but then if i verify archives again archives will continue missing, sometimes 1 sometimes 2

Edited by SimplementeJA

"Verify local files" will ALWAYS find at least one file to replace. It is believed that this is the "Fallout_default.ini" file (to ensure the vanilla version settings).

Make sure you are attempting to interact with the satellite within the proper time window while the movie is playing. See the "Nukapedia" wiki entry for that quest and "The Vault" wiki entry as well. Also make sure you are using the default vanilla time scale of 1:30. (If you haven't changed it, you will be fine.)

I don't see any obvious or known conflicts with that load order. However I do see you have Vurts WFO (which is technically a VWD/LOD replacement, among others), but not the "FNVLODGen.esp" file. Don't know that will cause a problem getting OWB to start, but it's something you should fix anyway. If you add any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC or Ojo Bueno), please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first.

-Dubious-

You really need to track down and resolve the unknown mod conflict that is preventing it from starting. Otherwise you are just going to have more problems, as you don't know what necessary "startup" procedure has been aborted such as quest variable initiation. The only thing left to try is "mod conflict isolation". I would start with those that affect the broadest range of "things", such as the "Sound FX" mods, then other lesser known mods. Please see the 'Mod Conflict Isolation' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

Or create a test character for the vanilla, unmodded game, toggle on "God Mode" (console command "TGM") and see if the quest will start, then add mods one at a time and test again with each. Whichever approach seems quickest to you.

-Dubious-

That is the first time I've heard of YUP causing a problem with a DLC. Glad to hear you got past the quest start, but I would look into the possibility another mod is conflicting with YUP instead. The benefits of YUP's fixes across the entire game are too numerous to ignore.

Good luck.

-Dubious-

• Like 1

• 5 years later...