Calling for Modders/Writers/Anybody

Maserbeam

I am throwing together a small mod, and I would like the community to take part. I want to add books, a great many books to Skyrim.

Send me an Email at [email protected] (My throwaway account lol.) with the heading "Skyrim Books"

Be creative, it can be a book, or a journal detailing a characters exploits. Just try to stick to lore, though if you do want a goofy non-lore related book to appear, I may make an "Easter egg" chest and hide it in one of the holds, filled with the tales of Jumomo the whale man. Simply copy and paste your story with your name (Screen, or Character, though I would like a screen name to credit you.)

What I would be interested to see is;

A: A journal written by a recently infected Vampire.

B: A plagiarizer who is trying to cash in on the popularity of the Lusty Argonian Maid. (For the laughs.)

C: A guide to the holds, as written by the Thalmor.

D: A book documenting the exploration of a troll filled cave.

Anything will be excepted, those are just a few suggestions. If you want it written by a character, attach a screenshot to the email, and I will try to incorporate it.

Don't let spelling get you down, I always spellcheck and test the books ingame before release.

A few tips; One, don't bump the thread after only 3 hours wait like 12+ hours at least. (I don't think you're supposed to bump at all on this forum)

Second, people will rarely join in on a project that is just an idea. Write some stories and stuff yourself, show some proof of work done on your end. Simply saying 'here's my project who wants to help' without showing anything for it yet rarely warrents any attention. (As most projects fail this early in production; not that yours will, it's just a trend)

AJV

A few tips; One, don't bump the thread after only 3 hours wait like 12+ hours at least. (I don't think you're supposed to bump at all on this forum)

Second, people will rarely join in on a project that is just an idea. Write some stories and stuff yourself, show some proof of work done on your end. Simply saying 'here's my project who wants to help' without showing anything for it yet rarely warrents any attention. (As most projects fail this early in production; not that yours will, it's just a trend)

AJV

Thanks for the tip. I'll wait until I have about 15+ books and try again. Once I have them placed in game how would you suggest I go about requesting other books? I have always thought that Skyrim could use more books lol.

As for the bump, well... I generally never use forums.

Hi Maserbeam

There are a few things that will improve your chances of getting people involved in your project.

1- thread titles - by reading your current title, I had no idea what the thread was about, many would just ignore it.

2. -Layout - Most mod threads now work on a solid layout - it could be splitting your description up into parts, using lists , using code to hide long walls of text, etc.

3- tell us your plans - we need to know you are serious about adding books to skyrim, its a project that many have tried but most give up on.

4- keep us up to date, it helps you to feel motivated when you get feedback from others on your work :)

If you can do these points, I will be happy to write one or two books, I too think Skyrim lacks any good toilet material.

Hi Maserbeam

There are a few things that will improve your chances of getting people involved in your project.

1- thread titles - by reading your current title, I had no idea what the thread was about, many would just ignore it.

2. -Layout - Most mod threads now work on a solid layout - it could be splitting your description up into parts, using lists , using code to hide long walls of text, etc.

3- tell us your plans - we need to know you are serious about adding books to skyrim, its a project that many have tried but most give up on.

4- keep us up to date, it helps you to feel motivated when you get feedback from others on your work :)

If you can do these points, I will be happy to write one or two books, I too think Skyrim lacks any good toilet material.

Thanks. I will repost later under the Title "SkyBooks" (A placeholder name I have grown to love, no matter how cliche.) For now, pretend that I was never here lol.