Some modding ideas help

dragonslayer2k12

Well crap, I started out developing a thane stuff improvement mod and now I am finding myself editing clothing textures and making alternates of clothing textures and making clean clothes versions of important clothes no more dirty clothes! I guess I will be done with this mod someday lol.

What is bugging right now though is why is there a clothes iron in the game? Does it work or something or is it just clutter? Then I got an idea, what if there was a way to make the game use dirty version of a clothing item after one game our or if the player traveled outside the city walls of any walled city but some holds are non walled so I guess after an hour or a few hours the clothes the player wears would change from clean to dirty? Then the clothes iron could be used to make them clean again? Sounds like something scripting related for sure.

• 1 month later...

My mod is coming along well but I am stumped with a minor problem. I am modding the fine rainment outfit for males and females, noticed that the ring is hidden when wearing the outfit as a male? The alternate outfit embroidered garment shows the ring just fine. Looked in the creation kit and looking at both outfits they have the same options selected in the body parts area so why is the ring missing?

I have everything updated to latest versions so that is not the problem and this little bug was there before updates came out anyway.

I have also noticed that some shoes clip a lot with their corresponding outfits like for example yarl outfit clips with yarl shoes aka fur lined boots. I didn't notice this when using all default stuff but when I modded the textures I could see the clipping. Why would bethesda leave stuff like that lol? They could have just chosen pleated shoes for all male yarls and it would have looked just fine. Also the expert mage robes clip a lot with their default shoes but not with the arch mage boots which seem to be made to fit that outfit.

I am gonna post some pics soon just working out these bugs.

Hey thanks for that! I will check it out and see if I can learn how he made the appearance different after tempering.

Some details about my mod...

I am getting rid of the dirt on clothes and shoes that I mod. I hate seeing that dirt on clothes even on clothes that I just bought from a shop. Why didn't bethesda make it so that after a while your clothes get dirty and if you use the clothes iron, an actual default in game item, you could clean your clothes and make them look like they did when you first bought them? But no it seems that all clothes even high king and queen clothes are dirty and nasty lol. So I have modded out the dirt for those important type clothes but common clothes like farm clothes etc are left alone because they should be dirty. Something else I have noticed is that some characters like belethor should be wearing merchant clothes but instead he is wearing crap clothes. The guy outside his shop that won't shut up about him has better clothes than him for some reason. Also, why didn't they make fine gloves to go along with fine boots and clothes? Farmers get gloves but rich people don't get them? We have always seen rich types in middle ages settings wearing tidy white gloves lol they don't want to touch common things or people with their bare hands but in this game only farmers get gloves:-( I am gonna try to change that soon.

The creation kit can really grate on my nerves!

Why does it create a duplicate name under the armor section? For example I am trying to add a set of fine gloves to fineclothes01 listed under the armor section so I expand armor and select fineclothes01 and then doubleclick the boots there on the right listed as clothesfineboots01. The details window pops up for fine boots and I change the ID to clothesfinegloves01 and then change some things to be gloves instead of boots and goes on the hands instead of the feet etc. I make the armor addon item too simply by copying the farmergloves item listed there changed the name of course and it shows up in game just fine but when I exit the game and go back to creation kit, open my mod the fineclothes01 is listed TWICE under the armor section! Original is FineClothes01 and copy is fineclothes01 they both have the same info in them too so what is the point of that being there? Also it appears that the number ID of my fine gloves conflicts with apachi sky hair mod. Fine gloves that I made use 02000D62 under the armor section and 02000D63 under armoraddon section. How do I change the numbers so they don't conflict? What happens when two mods of any kind conflict like that? How do you solve that problem? Does that problem happen a lot?

To fix the problem with the missing ring while wearing fine rainment or the male version of what elsif the fair is wearing just mod the outfit in the creation kit and where it shows the body parts it covers, deselect the ring part. Now this works for that outfit but the variant of it that torygg is wearing works just fine un modded. I don't understand why this is but it is.

Need some help if someone can do it I don't have any fancy 3d programs and I just need to remove something from a mesh. The farm gloves meshes farmerglovesm_1.nif, farmerglovesm_0.nif, and farmerglovesmgo.nif specifically I want to remove that cuff with the strings under it from the back of the gloves. I made a texture to make them fine gloves as a seperate item called fine gloves in game with ck but I cannot get rid of that cuff even with texture alpha tricks the mesh part still shows up. So if someone can just delete that part on the back just chop it off right where it ends and the rest of the glove begins that would be great. I really hate the way those gloves clip through various types of clothing like thane outfits and high king outfits etc. Maybe post them up as a modders resource too? Bet I am not the only one that doesn't like the clipping. Thanks to whoever can get this done soon really appreciate it and I will post credit for them in my mod when I get it done too.

I started to try and fix a few little things in the game, like the clipping shoes worn by expert and master robes wearers at the college of winterhold and also the jarl/yarls fur lined boots tried to change them out for pleated shoes in the outfit section of the ck but they don't show up? I also got tired of seeing belathor wearing that poor looking crap outfit so I changed his outfit to merchant variant outfit with fine gloves that I made too and it worked! But jarls/yarls don't change their shoes? Maybe they have to have the different shoes in their inventory? Belathor probably had all that stuff for sale in his shop maybe that is why it worked for him? That shouldn't have to be the case though it should just work. Maybe because I have a save game and their old outfits are in the save file and won't go away?

I tried searching these forums for answers but kept finding info like go to the outfits section of ck and change it:-(

It seems that even if an npc has the something for sale and are also supposed to be wearing it that still won't fix the problem of the npc not wearing it. I checked my changes to the college mage outfits to see if the expert or master robe wearers were wearing the replacement boots I set in their outfits and nope they are still wearing those clippy apprentice boots. I think the game will only allow an outfit change from one default outfit to another and it has to be the whole outfit not just the shoes or whatever. Changing from their default outfit to a custom made outfit results in naked mode yet wearing replacement shoes lol.

The only thing I can think of is that it is because my save file is the problem. So if I start a new game and go to the character in question they should be wearing the custom outfit? Has anyone got an answer for this?