lack of content mods?

Fudswhale

If you go into the Skyrim nexus - search for mods by category, and click "quests and adventures" you should see a few. Sort by endorsements/downloads for the popular ones that a lot of people use.

Oblivion was really easy to build quests for compared with Skyrim. Skyrim is very very buggy with things like the dark face bug, the navmesh bug, and the .wav file voiced dialog bug. (Not to mention the problems with aliases that fail to fill and the general user-hostility and counterintuitiveness of the Papyrus scripting language.) The fact that the voiced dialog is less broken than it was in Oblivion means that many quest mods will have voiced dialog and be longer and harder to build.

So unfortunately, there are likely to be less quests, adventures, dungeons, and activities for Skyrim.

Many modders try it out, quit, and vow to never do that sort of modding work again. Sometimes I think it is only the masochistic insane people like myself who will build mods in those categories.

Oblivion was really easy to build quests for compared with Skyrim. Skyrim is very very buggy with things like the dark face bug, the navmesh bug, and the .wav file voiced dialog bug. (Not to mention the problems with aliases that fail to fill and the general user-hostility and counterintuitiveness of the Papyrus scripting language.) The fact that the voiced dialog is less broken than it was in Oblivion means that many quest mods will have voiced dialog and be longer and harder to build.

So unfortunately, there are likely to be less quests, adventures, dungeons, and activities for Skyrim.

Many modders try it out, quit, and vow to never do that sort of modding work again. Sometimes I think it is only the masochistic insane people like myself who will build mods in those categories.

I would really disagree. Skyrim has a much more powerful language in the form of papyrus, which is more of a true language. The navmesh bug is fixed, the dark face bug just requires a ctrl-f4, and aliases work just fine. In Oblivion, you couldn't even make the lip files in the Construction Set, so I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Skyrim is likely to have more content, and larger content. It's only been 5-6 months since the CK was released, though.

@ Plutoman101

Where did I get my information? From building and uploading a fair number of Oblivion and Skyrim mods.

There is a bug where the voiced dialog files if packaged as .wav + .lip files will not play on certain random computers. Even if they will play on the computer they were created on, they may not play on some others. The wiki says that you should convert the files to .fuz format and then they will play better. This is generally true, but there are still some computers that the .fuz files won't play on. I suspect that some of the ones that the .wav and .lip files would play on are some of those that the .fuz files won't play on.

Papyrus is not as well suited to quest-coding many types of quests as Oblivion Scripting Language was. The main thing Papyrus is missing is Begin Gamemode Blocks, the ability to refer directly to things by RefID, and the ability to easily make scripts refer to variables in other scripts. These things can be worked around with enough time and effort, but they have turned easy tasks into tasks so hard that many people can't do them.

The navmesh bug is said to be fixed, but there are reports coming in that make me a bit skeptical.

The dark face bug was never an issue in Oblivion, because you could change faces all you wanted and never have to generate and upload facegen data. So Skyrim is an inferior product to Oblivion in this respect.

The alias window is too large for an average computer screen and the okay button cannot even be seen so that it can be clicked. You can get around it by pushing the enter key but this is not a well designed window. The documentation on aliases is somewhat poor. You might be surprised how often quests break when aliases fail to fill, and how many vanilla Skyrim quests and Skyrim mods have issues with this. You might be flabbergasted to learn how hard it is for most modders to get all the settings right and all the connections made so that a quest using aliases runs and runs right.

Maybe you are more intelligent and more highly trained than other modders. You can't really expect everyone to be as smart as you.

Edited by David Brasher

Like Alexander said, most of the bigger ones will be coming out later this year. I have seen quite a few promising large-scale mods under development that will probably be done in the next 3-7 months, including my own.

Unfortunately the others are also right, it's not exactly easy to make quests. I never modded previous games but from what I have heard/read, it was a bit easier. I also feel as if the modder population is continually shrinking, but maybe it's just me. :confused:

Well there is content mods out there but it seems to be that most of them aren't in the hot files so you might just be missing them.So if you try to just find the most popular one by looking in the hot file/top files, you might not find much with all the armor/weapon and graphic improving in that list.Doing a most advanced search like Cynster said or wait a few months might be the thing to do here.