Drawgur eye glow for pcs

PAZelos

Took me about 1 minute of CK work to add it to the player. Unfortunately the glow doesn't seem to sit in the right spot for non-draugr, and I don't know how to fix that. I suspect making it sit in the right spot for each race would be no where near as easy as it is just adding the vanilla male/female effects. You'd probably would need a new male and female effect for each individual race.

• 3 weeks later...

the Draugr eyes sit within the player eyes don't they? I had an awesome brainstorm and thought up something on how to fix a player up so that he could use Draugr eyes... but if they spawn in his cheek bones this whole idea will be a waste xD

I'll test it if I can with what mods I know, but since i'm not a modder and have just a little bit of knowledge on textures I might not have a clue what i'm talking about

Assuming the glow generates at eye level of the player, and is usually cut off by his eyes, which isn't a problem with Draugr since their faces are basically solid, the eyes and face all being the same object.

with the PC eyes being in the way perhaps there could be a way to remove them? an eye that has no texture is transparent and invisible right? but a problem with that is you could see into the head of the player... which would look creepy but not right.. like a living balloon face

so my idea and question, Is it possible to make an eye texture that is half there? basically making the texture render like a bowl or a C in the back of the PCs head? with eye shadow and make up it might look like an empty skull (hopefully) and allow the Draugr glow to spawn and appear through them!

I hope this works but if i'm wrong on the glow location then i'd like to know that too so I can properly deflate my ego over a failed idea xD

Take care~

the Draugr eyes sit within the player eyes don't they? I had an awesome brainstorm and thought up something on how to fix a player up so that he could use Draugr eyes... but if they spawn in his cheek bones this whole idea will be a waste xD

I'll test it if I can with what mods I know, but since i'm not a modder and have just a little bit of knowledge on textures I might not have a clue what i'm talking about

Assuming the glow generates at eye level of the player, and is usually cut off by his eyes, which isn't a problem with Draugr since their faces are basically solid, the eyes and face all being the same object.

with the PC eyes being in the way perhaps there could be a way to remove them? an eye that has no texture is transparent and invisible right? but a problem with that is you could see into the head of the player... which would look creepy but not right.. like a living balloon face

so my idea and question, Is it possible to make an eye texture that is half there? basically making the texture render like a bowl or a C in the back of the PCs head? with eye shadow and make up it might look like an empty skull (hopefully) and allow the Draugr glow to spawn and appear through them!

I hope this works but if i'm wrong on the glow location then i'd like to know that too so I can properly deflate my ego over a failed idea xD

Take care~

I added the glow to the player, and it didn't sit in their eyes. It sat as you guessed somewhere below probably cheek areaish. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, but I lost interest at the first bit of trouble :)

oh dang, oh well guess i'll shelf that idea for now till I learn how to mod....

it'll one day be useful if I do decide to try and make some stuff based off Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. all this talk of dragons vampires and souls has got it stuck in my head for some time now :P