Lucasarts and Bethesda, a Starwars RPG

crossdressinate

the mmo thing ruined the series.

Pretty much this.

Unfortunately as an MMO it is the only way that any game of reasonable scope could logistically be made open-world without severely under-populating areas or leaving most of it to procedural generation. When you're talking about the depth of Skyrim, a few dozen worlds over, you've pretty much got a project that would never be completed just by the amount of man hours needed exceeding the time between hardware/software generations (Duke Nukem Forever Syndrome (where a good 40% of work completed at each milestone has to be completely dumped because it no longer cuts it with the current engine, leaving 58% rubbish)).

i wish there were a star wars open world game

There was once. It was called Star Wars Galaxies but thanks to Emperor Lucas, LTD. it got taken down so that the subscribers would have to go to SW:TOR to get their MMO StarWars fix, which of course backfired.

I wouldn't want an rpg like kotor because I want immersion and freedom. I wouldn't want an mmo because they suck. Something like this wouldn't be totally unreasonable, even if it was only 1 planet, like coruscant or some other interesting planet it would be awesome. If the game was 100% moddable like every Bethesda game, then I wouldn't see a problem with having modders add elements that make it more immersive like more people, ambient sounds, more lands, etc. Sadly, the only chance something like this would ever happen is if you had an INCREDIBLY dedicated modding team.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't want an rpg like kotor because I want immersion and freedom. I wouldn't want an mmo because they suck. Something like this wouldn't be totally unreasonable, even if it was only 1 planet, like coruscant or some other interesting planet it would be awesome. If the game was 100% moddable like every Bethesda game, then I wouldn't see a problem with having modders add elements that make it more immersive like more people, ambient sounds, more lands, etc. Sadly, the only chance something like this would ever happen is if you had an INCREDIBLY dedicated modding team.

Games with the openness of modding like Oblivion had are a rare breed. You won't find that much anywhere else.

As for immersion and freedom, you would have had that with SWG, even though it was an MMO. It still pretty much fit the bill with what you want and more. Sigh..... RIP SWG. :sad: