Problem with dragon age mods in override folder

lZomboy

All Dragon Age Origins installs have two folder locations, one for the game files (the actual program) and another folder in the user Documents directory, which is where the game stores save files, settings, and where mods are installed.

If a hairstyle mod is not working in the CC, then there is either an error in the XML (or more than one XML in the override), or the files have not been correctly installed.

If you are only using that one character creator mod - no other modded hairstyles, skin textures, tints, etc - then you do not have to compile or edit the XML... you can instead simply copy the mod's chargenmorphcfg.xml file to the root of the override (i.e. into [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override).

And without a list of all the override mods that aren't working, I'm not going to speculate on what the issue might be.

Edited by theskymoves

Yes Mrs Grumpy Girdle I also tried that too. Is really the only mod I'm trying now but before I got:

Dragon Age Redesigned

Madd Gift Guide

And Bidelles Cosmetics, that I took out to avoid compatibily problems. So there should be only one chargenmorphcfg.xml file. Also I checked and there is only that one. So how I correctly install the files? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I really followed every instruction...

There's no way for the chargenmorph compiler to produce 'nothing'. It scans the override folder for all the chargenmorphcfg.xml files, generates a unified XML with the necessary information from the various XMLs, backs up the individual XMLs and then places the unifiled, compiled XML in override.

Where do you have the compiler installed? It cannot be in any of the 'Dragon Age' folders.

If you haven't gotten past character creation, there's no way to know if either Dragon Age Redesigned or Madd Gift Guide are working.

DA Redesigned only affects NPCs. Madd Gift Guide only affects the tooltip of companion gifts.

To install manual override mods, simply download the mod, decompress the archive (usually a ZIP, 7Zip, or RAR), and then copy the mod files to the [user]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder. Be sure to read either the ReadMe file, if the modder has included one, or the mod description, for any special instructions. (Some mods have several options included in the archive, and require a decision on the part of the end user, as to which will be installed.)

I have links to several guides to the basics of installing DAO mods at the end of this blog post.

Character creator mods are very different from other manual override mods, and probably the most difficult for new mod users to install correctly. Non-CC override mods do not have the same difficulty factor or learning curve, and really are as simple as unzip-read instructions-put folder/files in override.