What is the point in the creation kit

envyme

Ok so I am completely unable to change the items to new items in the creation kit. Example: I am trying to change the Helmet on a suit of armor to a cape, and also i would like to change the mace to have the same sheathing animation and sheathed location as the axe. Despite changing the appropriate meshes and making the edits in the creation kit so that the items are set to the appropriate locations i have been unsuccessful. It doesnt appear that the creation kit matters at all....nomatter what i change it has little effect on the game at all. Can someone please explain why im having this problem?

P.S Yes the plugin is being saved and loaded correcly. Also the item works as far as i am able to equip it and such...its just invisible...doesnt appear at all. I have tried multiple item slots but it doesnt appear to work at all unles the item is a head item. this makes no sense. if im telling the thing to load this item and equip it in this slot then why the hell isnt it doing it?

Edited by envyme

i am using the imperial helmet (meshes/armor/imperial/helmetmedium) and i am trying to replace it with a fur cape from a mod i downloaded online. Its one of the fur cloaks for the Winter is Coming mod. I just want to replace it so that some of my imperials have on a fur cape. I am able to change the helmet our for any other head item such as another helmet or a hood...but am unable to get it to work for an item that deals with another body part. Ive even tried adding it as an addon and it still will not appear.

What meshes are you using ?

i am using the imperial helmet (meshes/armor/imperial/helmetmedium) and i am trying to replace it with a fur cape from a mod i downloaded online. Its one of the fur cloaks for the Winter is Coming mod. I just want to replace it so that some of my imperials have on a fur cape. I am able to change the helmet our for any other head item such as another helmet or a hood...but am unable to get it to work for an item that deals with another body part. Ive even tried adding it as an addon and it still will not appear.