Explosions Ignoring all DR.

Cruor34

There is a mod in my lineup causing all explosions to ignore all armor.... clearly I don't like this, it's stupid. So, for example if an explosion does 200 it does 200 to a naked person or someone in PA, doesn't matter. How would I go about finding which mod is doing it? I have too many to just check 1 by 1. I know my way around FO4Edit and Bethesda Editor quite well, but I don't know where to look. I can only assume it is a weapon mod, what section would I look under to see a mod that gives all explosions 100% armor penetration?

Ok I figured it out.... this game is so bad. If you have a weapon equipped that ignores armor a thrown grenade gets the armor penetration. I was testing a weapon with very high armor penetration and it effects everything.. grenades, bashing, whatever. So it gives the PLAYER the armor penetration... not the weapons projectile. So, if you are ever having a tough time, just equip a weapon with armor penetration even if it sucks, and toss the most powerful explosives you have.

Edited by Cruor34

Use FO4Edit and navigate to the Explosions tab in the the Fallout4.esm

Look for any records that are red or yellow, These are the ones that will have edits to them from your mods. For Example 000e574f is Frag Grenade Explosion. Look at the modded entry on the right side of screen and check Flags added to the explosion that are not present in the original Fallout4.esm version.

Tou can click on the Flags line entry and then hit F2 to get a drop down list of flags that are checked. It might possibly be something like Ignore LOS which makes Explosions ignore line of Sight and so, damage will go through walls etc. This might affect armor also.

If nothing there, next look at Weapons tab and find a weapon that is doing this, like Frag Grenade or Mine. Click on it and check what records are changed from the original.

Finally, if that turns up nothing, look at some PA records in the Armor tab and check for changes.

Essentially, you don't need to look at every mod but just find items you know are affected and see what is causing it. The offending mod will always be last in the load order of that item, which is the one furtherest to the right.

You could edit the Vanilla Armor Penetration perk to add a condition,

Try add a condition, something like

Equal to

WornHasKeyword

ArmorTypePower

00 00 00 00

Subject

Unless you are happy for the weapon to Also penetrate PA, which is probably why you are making it.

Seems like a terrible implementation by Bethesda, but that doesn't surprise me I guess.

I'm not actually sure if you would put Subject as the 'Run on' reference or if there is something specific for NPCs you would enter. Target, maybe?