My personal designed sword!

GavstormNL

@RelativelyBest

That. Is. Awesome.

My mind is blown :psyduck:

I aim to please.

So you're making the actual mesh? Or is it a better drawing to illustrate his concept?

The later. I'm not really a modder, I just design swords as a hobby.

I tried to get into Blender once but it didn't work out. Best I could do is maybe whip a model up in Google Sketchup. After that someone else would have to take over.

Edited by Relativelybest

I aim to please.

You, sir, are my hero!

So you're making the actual mesh? Or is it a better drawing to illustrate his concept?

And so are you!

Edited by GavstormNL

• 2 weeks later...

Because I was bored, I decided to make a design inspired by GavstormNL's drawing and description:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6038/eruannaconcept.jpg

Iron Sword included for scale.

Well, that looks like something someone could use to make a model... =)

I'd like to try at the very least.... no promises, just me messing around with the concept of the weapon. :happy:

So if anyone else thinks he can model this, dont let my foolish attempts stop you! :thumbsup:

Question is 'Brightsteel' the one Eragon tries out before he makes 'Brisingr' I believe it is and I explain it somewhat in the lore.

This would be an awesome mod to have if people are "Eragon" fans I know I am! And a bit of lore for the maker or the guy who was getting technical about its real life value: all the dragon rider's swords are made by elves in their Capitol which are made from a metal from a meteor that sorta sparkles/glows in light. The sword he is wanting made was an offer to Eragon who refused because it didn't fit him, the old elven blacksmith took control of his body and Eragon 'made' Brisingr. A sword that bursts into flame every time he says the name.

Note: the swords were made for dragon riders to fight people so it can peirce armor, but later on when Galbatorix took over I'm betting they were made to cut through a dragon's skin/scales

Edited by ARCHANGEL227

That's not this sword. This sword is called Eruanna, and the sword that is offered to Eragon is called Tamerlein. This sword is of my own imagination (however it is also green, since my fictional dragon is green), and I used to write about it in a fanfic I created, a couple of years ago. But it's cool to find another Inheritance Cycle-fan on here! :D

EDIT: Brightsteel was the metal the Rider's swords were made of, by the way. It wasn't the name of a sword.. :)

EDIT 2:

Note: the swords were made for dragon riders to fight people so it can peirce armor, but later on when Galbatorix took over I'm betting they were made to cut through a dragon's skin/scales

Correction: After Galbatorix took over, there were no swords made, any longer. Rhünon (the elven blacksmith, for those that don't know) swore an oath in the Ancient Language (the language of magic, in which one cannot lie. An oath in this language will bind you forever) to never make a Rider's sword again in her life. She didn't want her weapons used for any more evil, or to fall into the hands of Galbatorix.

Also, the swords of the Riders were impervious to heat, cold, or any form of magic. They were indestroyable; they could not break, dent, shatter or scratch. They were often used as levers to open locked doors, or even city gates.

The gem that was fitted in the pommel of the sword had the same color as the blade (and therefore, dragon) and was ment to store energy in. (Quick explanation: Magic worked with body energy. Casting a spell to lift a pebble costs an equal amount of energy as if you were lifting the stone with your hands. So it was dangerous to do magic, for if you misworded a spell, it would take all of your strength, and therefore, kill you. You could use energy from another source, though. You could tap into the energy of plants, animals or even humans. You could also store energy in special objects, like gems that were enchanted to hold great amounts of energy for later use, like the pommel of a Rider's sword, or the ring, Ären, which Eragon got from Brom. )

Edited by GavstormNL

Ha! i knew that sword had an inheritance vibe to it!

If you guys really do enjoy an inheritance cycle-mod for skyrim, may i redirect you to this forum?:

http://eragonmodding.enjin.com/home/m/5882922

That mod team is the joining of two seperate mod teams, both striving to recreate alagaesia in skyrim. (ive been part of one of those teams, before they joined.)

And that sword concept drawn by RelativelyBest does indeed look a lot like some Tamerlein concepts ive seen.

And now that i know what the inspiration was for this sword-concept, i could try yo incorporate that into the model =P