Real Animal retexture mod

charwo

I am looking for a mod that is a simple retexture to reduce the 'mutated lulz' of the Wasteland. I'm not asking for something that gets rid deathclaws, and mole rats and giant ants, rather, I am looking for retextures of real animal, such as:

1. Replacing a Yao guai texture with a Black Bear retexture

2. Replacing the viscous dog texture with a wolf retexture

3. Replacing the Brahmin texture with that of a normal cow.

4. If possible, a ghoul retexture to make them something more realistic (ahem!) and palpable. Just a restoration of the nose would do wonders.

Mind you, this would simply be a retexture, it's won't require changing the stats of anything. If there is a mod that adds more real world fauna, like cats, or camels, or goats, I'm all for that too.

Does a mod like this exist?

• 2 weeks later...

charwo - Hello!

"Replacing a Yao guai texture with a Black Bear retexture"

I think that would require a new model, Yao guai a basically bears without coats so they'd be too scrawny to believably retextured as having fur.

"Replacing the viscous dog texture with a wolf retexture"

That's easier to achieve with the existing models, there are several retetures on the Nexus.

One that not only retextures the dogs but also adds them into the game to replace the vanilla dogs & has several wolf like breeds is:

K9 Breeds - Random dog breeds for Fallout 3 by hikky71

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/16654

"Replacing the Brahmin texture with that of a normal cow."

Again, the model has two heads so if you only want one, you'd need a new/modified model.

There is a retexture though that changes them to have that classic cow look of Holstein cattle (Black & white):

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/4327

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Hey thanks! The K-9 mod looks very promising!

Now...forgive the noob question, but when I was playing Morrowind several years back, there were mods that put in a LOT of animals that had no existing models. Namely dragons and Mammoths. While I'm not asking for someone to create new models for lil ol me, considering that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were both built with the Gamebryo engine, shouldn't it be possible to port the appropriate models for Oblivion. And then...I don't see a problem retexturein the Yao Gaui to look like they have a full coat of fur. I personally find them plenty big enough and scrawny I would not call them.

Oblivion!

I want an Oblivion animal mod! That would solve most of my desires! Has it been done?

No, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been done. Porting animated models from Oblivion to Fallout is pretty hard because you would have to reanimate them to work with Fallout. I tried my best to convert an Oblivion model with animation without having to reanimate it, but it didn't work (there must be a way to do it in NIFSkope). I hope someone figures out a way to do it without having to reanimate...

Thanks APB. It's not the answer I wanted, not by a long shot, but it's an answer. I can't believe that I waited four years to get Fallout 3 to make sure the mods I wanted would be ready, and at least one of them still hasn't. Grrr!