Beast Form not working

Deleted1926808User

go to scripts (C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Data\Scripts)

and in the search box write werewolf , delete every script with werewolf :)

it should fix it, BUT it could ruin your werewolf mods, so it's better if you delete them especially if the mod

affects werewolf transformation...

• 3 months later...

i found a solution for the pc version. download a mod called tales of lycanthropy and then set the werewolf transformations to every night, so when the night comes you will be forced into beast form. this will override any bugs you are having and you should be able to use normal beast form again afterwards.

• 5 weeks later...

I just had this happen to me, hadn't transformed into a werewolf for a while and when I tried I had the same problems - no sounds while transforming, frozen controls, and then that weird semi-transformation you get when you half of the werewolf skin is placed on top of your character, but it still controls like a normal character.

The werewolf mods I use are:

Heart of the Beast

Werewolf Perks Expanded (Dawnguard addition)

Werewolf Perks Expanded (Amulets of Hircine addon)
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear overhaul.

If I had to guess, it was most likely Moonlight Tales causing problems since it is a much bigger mod than the others. Either way, re-installing all 4 of these mods solved my problems. Hope this helps someone else.

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue , i press the beast form button and nothing happens but i can't use my character menu anymore it keeps telling me character menu is not available an and i can't save , use the map and or even equipp anything :( it's very embarrassing a female running around with only underwears :( any help is very appreciated

I have no werewolf mods nothing .oh and another thing is that when near a city every npcs including guards will attack me on sight and shouts as if i'm a werewolf while i'm in human form .

They call me " die filthy beast and such " awful things :(

Edited by Misakichun

I think I might have found a solution; by using PDTWrapper and selecting 'Remove Unattached Instances' every time before I start up Skyrim, I can use both Beast Form and the Ring of Hircine without any problems. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling any werewolf mod you have also seemed to help me out.

• 1 year later...

I hope this thread isn't dead. I'm having a similar problem. It was working the other day, but today I made a new character and used moonlight tales to become a werewolf at the start. But when I activate beast form I see the transform buff in the corner but I do not transform. Nothing happens, and then when I try to open my inventory it says its not available at the time. I'm going to try disabling werewolf mods and maybe that will fix it, but if anyone knows a fix please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I hope this thread isn't dead. I'm having a similar problem. It was working the other day, but today I made a new character and used moonlight tales to become a werewolf at the start. But when I activate beast form I see the transform buff in the corner but I do not transform. Nothing happens, and then when I try to open my inventory it says its not available at the time. I'm going to try disabling werewolf mods and maybe that will fix it, but if anyone knows a fix please let me know. Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Never mind... Turns out that Werewolf Mastery was preventing the transformation somehow. Its beyond me why it does that but thanks anyway. I hope I helped anyone else.