Creating Follower, Multiple Questions

ExoArchivist

So I'm working on a custom follower mod for a friend and long story short I have a couple pretty specific questions.

First (and most importantly), is there any way to get a human follower to basically use the dog follower dialogue menu? Eventually I plan to create custom dialogue for this follower but that will make a good enough placeholder for what I have in mind.

Second, how can I make this follower not take up a follower slot?

Finally, how can I keep a follower from equipping any gear given to them, no matter how much better it is than what they are currently equipped with, and keep the player from being able to access their currently equipped gear?

Thanks!

You're going to need to make a custom follower framework. Here's the tutorial and template i used for mine.

http://skyrimmw.weebly.com/skyrim-modding/making-a-custom-follower-skyrim-modding-tutorial

By doing this you can make receuitment dialogue very simple or more complex, they won't take up a regular follower slot (that'll require adding your follower to a custom faction). I don't know how you would handle the inventory issue; probably need to develop a custom script for that.

you could also use some tutorials by darkfox127 that are on youtube. ive never made a human follower use the dog/animal follower dialogue. but im guessing if you follow his tutorial on making an animal follower you should be able to get your follower to use the animal follower dialogue. it comes down to the factions, but he will also show you how to add the right dialogue.

You may also want to check out his tutorials on making a follower. He has several that he has done over time and each one goes into more detail on how to create the follower

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat with you on this one. Especially since I made this custom look for my own character that I would like to have for a follower. The only problem is that I have no clue what I need to do to make this happen. I have seen videos on youtube, but they use Skyrim and not Skyrim SE which isn't helpful. I have saved the preset for the face I made. Now I just need to be able to import it into CK and make it into a standalone follower. If any one has any suggestions or resources then please let me know. I don't care to much about the body it's the face that I really want to know how to make. It uses a Breton as the base since I like the roundness of the face and it adds some Elven features to it. I took screenshots of her that i can upload if anyone wants to see.