Politically Incorrect

David Brasher

The issues of Gender roles in Skyrim is up for discussion - I would take a look at all the in game texts and see how often women are involved in various roles, then take some time to think of how people like bandits, gaurd, etc find themselves in thier role. As well, you should look at the existing population and see where women fit in.

If you want some hints:

One of Skyrim's most ancient heroes is a woman. You meet her in Sovngarde.

While Skyrim seems to have inclusive roles for women in seats of power, authority, and propriety, men seem to have more prominent roles. It could be that women find themselves in more domestic roles, but the Nordic love of combat, victory, and honor seem to be shared by enough women in the region.

You should probably take on the arduous task of counting the population of Skyrim. The problem with this will be accounting for leveled list items, which you should not do. And just go door to door and count people in towns, dwellings, and ignore spawn locations.

For the leveled lists, simple count them separately.

As for a mod that plays with gender roles?

I don't think it's needed. Skyrim seems pretty well set up. Constructing a specific type of society doesn't seem to accomplish much for a player. I think a mod like that is not really worth anything to me as a player.

The question you have to ask is:

Why would players want it any different?

For example: If World of Warcraft had such a thing to correct Night Elf society. I'd jump on it. Night Elf Women were kinda retconned.

i personally do not like if a game tosses female guards, warriors, soldiers, rulers, smiths etc. at me when its set in medieval scenery.

its just unrealistic, immersionbreaking and wrong. it wasnt the case in history for obvious reasons and if the current state of our civilisation was brought down it wouldnt end up any different. just have a look at 3rd world countries.

check out "a song of ice and fire" etc. for examples how women can have powerful roles in such context without wielding warhammers and full plate armor (well except brienne who is a freak).

pretending that everyone is "the same" and has identical talents/abilities is imo the most political incorrect thing one can do.