Any consequences to marry an NPC via console?

Stemin

I'm on my 4th playthrough and I've married Ysolda, Aela, and Syljga on previous playthroughs, and on my fourth there isn't anyone new that's really appealing. Thought about marrying a non marriagable candidate via the console as I have heard this is possible.

What are the consequences of such an action? I imagine anyone that's heavily scripted can cause conflicts. Also, do console-married NPC's still have all the same functions, ie. able to move in with you, (or you move in with them) open a store, etc.? And would it save within my save file or would I have to perform the console commands each time?

I could go into the CK and do it, but I assume the same conflicts are possible, plus I'm doing a stock playthrough and I really don't want to do mods.

I've married a couple of non-Vanilla wives, and never had any problems - mechanically speaking, that is (I did end up pushing Ingun Black-Briar's brother off a cliff shortly after our wedding). Some NPCs that are heavily tied into major questlines (Rikke for example) could probably break quests if they're running follower packages at the wrong time, but worst-case scenario, you setstage your way out of it.

What I enjoy about the marriage system in Skyrim, and with non-vanilla wives in particular, is that you can decide to move into their home, allowing them to keep their AI packages. So when I married Ingun and moved in Black-Briar Manor, she still went down to the alchemy shop every day, and still sat down to dinner with the rest of her family. Much preferable to moving your spouse to one of... what, four potential houses, and having her stay indoors 24/7 like a prisoner.

I've married a couple of non-Vanilla wives, and never had any problems - mechanically speaking, that is (I did end up pushing Ingun Black-Briar's brother off a cliff shortly after our wedding). Some NPCs that are heavily tied into major questlines (Rikke for example) could probably break quests if they're running follower packages at the wrong time, but worst-case scenario, you setstage your way out of it.

What I enjoy about the marriage system in Skyrim, and with non-vanilla wives in particular, is that you can decide to move into their home, allowing them to keep their AI packages. So when I married Ingun and moved in Black-Briar Manor, she still went down to the alchemy shop every day, and still sat down to dinner with the rest of her family. Much preferable to moving your spouse to one of... what, four potential houses, and having her stay indoors 24/7 like a prisoner.

So the game's automatic scripts let you get the lover's comfort by sleeping in her "home" ? Did you ever try having her move into your house? And do you get normal marriage dialogue or is everything done with the console?

To answer your questions in order:

1) I got the lover's comfort bonus by sleeping in her bed. I didn't get it, however, from sleeping in the other beds in the house. I'm pretty sure that the effect comes from sleeping in a bed flagged as "owned" by your spouse.

2) I don't my wives into Vanilla houses - like I said, it turns them into zombies, and no one wants that.

3) As long as your spouse uses one of the voice types that has marriage dialogue, then they'll have the marriage dialogue options - it doesn't matter if they're a Vanilla spouse or not.

What is the code to marry with a non-marriageable woman? :mellow:

I use a .bat:

StopCombat

RemoveFromAllFactions

SetRelationShipRank Player 4

AddToFaction 0005A1A4 4

AddToFaction 0005C84D 4

SetPlayerTeamMate 1

Just open up notepad, copy and paste what's written above into it, and save it as "follower.bat" in your ...Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data folder. Then, in Skyrim, open up the console, highlight the NPC you want to marry, and type "follower". It will run the .bat, and you will have a marry-able, follower-able NPC (assuming of course that the NPC you've chosen doesn't have a unique voice type, like... I don't know... Nocturnal or something).

Edited by JanusForbeare

I think there are quite a few voice types that are not set up to be followers. Even less with the spouse dialogue. But depending on how unique the character is, you might be able to mod their voice type if your heart is set on a specific NPC for a quick follower fix :) same if you've already done their quest/don't care what they have to say from then on - or disable the esp once you are finished with your spouse and want the original dialogue again. Just a guess! :)

If you are on a PC you can hit ~ then click on person you want to marry and it will show the ID number and then type....setrelationshiprank player 4 hit enter then type addfac 19809 1 hit enter the hit ~ to go back to regular screen and hit E and it should show up..remember you have to be wearing the amulet of Mara. it works on 90% of the time..i have tried marrying Jarl Maven but wont work..i have married married women also using this i use a divorce mod to divorce...lol I have done the setrelationship to women im fighting and when you kill them and you get back to a hold a courier will hand you an inheritance letter saying the bandit left you 500 bucks....lol