Building an AMD PC. Need advice please

Uh okies, sure...running Skyrim with the official HD texture pack at 1920x1200 on a 1GB VRAM card. Only "graphically intense" game I have other than TW2 and I can run that at the same resolution on Ultra (no ubersambling though).
Good for you. Bother with reading the whole post please, I explained the issue but if no one tries to read a little its kinda hard to make a point dont you think?

As I said, i have a 1Gb card too (560 Ti) BUT, Skyrim maxes out 1Gb of vRAM easily. Then it starts stutter. No reason to having to experience that when there are many 2Gb cards around.

I play like that anyway, but its something that can be easily avoided if you're upgrading cards.

Hell, for all i care buy a pentium D and an HD 4570. No one says you wont be able to run the game, I'm just saying you could spend better the money and buy a 2Gb card instead. If i had two 560 Ti, one with 1Gb and other with 2Gb, i'd show to you whats the problem, but I dont. I just have what i've gathered from watching vram consumption with the HQ pack, without, and checking for stuttering while loading areas and running around in the wilderness.

Besides, play "just fine right now" means put everything on medium by next year and start scavenging your wallet for a hardware upgrade.

Well, if no one believes the guy with the 1Gb card saying with Afterburner on the background measuring the vram consumption with and without the HQ pack that also understands how videogame caches objects being displayed and why it starts to stutter, and that it isnt enough, there is nothing more to add.

Edited by eltucu

If considering a 2GB card, just get a 7850.

560Ti is OK, but you pay a premium for the extra gig.

For 7750 it doesn't matter, you'll brickwall with the chip before 1GB is overrun.