Making Assault Impossible?

I've recently gotten that Sweep mod that allows you to hit multiple characters with a single swing. As an unforeseen consequence, I tend to get into trouble when there are guards or allies in the fray, as you might imagine.

So, anyone know how I could make an enchantment or something that would make a weapon do no damage to anything that isn't hostile to me, or an enemy? I'm thinking that I know what to do for the 'no damage' part, but I'm unsure of how I would go about making it effect my friends and such.

I'm thinking that maybe you would have to make it scripted not to harm anyone above a certain disposition level....? :unsure:

The only thing that I can think of is to replace the weapon's normal damage with an enchantment that does the same amount, but has the IsHostileToActor == 0 condition. The damage wouldn't scale over time, but it wouldn't hurt allies. :-/

Once SKSE comes out with the OnHit event (getting who you hit, as opposed to who hit you) I think it'd be much easier to code. IsHostile would be the real condition. Possibly using a calm effect while restoring their hp and/or temporarily suspending all of your damage as an actor value or something along those lines.