New Page Layout Looks Terrible - Hard to Read

CalenEllefson

Please change back to the previous page layout. Having all the Hot Files, New Files, etc. in a column running down the right hand side of the page makes it difficult use, I can't see as many mods at a time.

And I really, really dislike having all the comments from all the mods I'm tracking be the main body of the page. It's really hard to read, and very confusing to have comments from all those different mods all jumbled together.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, however, first try and select a different tab to be open by default in your site preferences.

While it's location is definitely debateable, I for one welcome the new possibility to know when there was a new comment for an image of mine, or for a mod I'm tracking, as I'm usually tracking those for a reason and/or need to maintain support in their comments sections, without first having to go to each media's management section and browse for new comments the old-fashioned, convoluted way.

But any single one of those new features can be removed individually in your site preferences.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

It's not the availability that is the problem, it is their new layout. It's atrocious. they need to swap the feeds location with the mods one. That's all. hanging preferences doesn't make this happen. Just makes an empty, wasted space.

I've seen some pretty bad site design in my years on the internet, but as far as lay out goes, this is just awful.

Please put it back the way it was... I come to the site to see the new mods and stuff, not the ticker about comments and who uploaded what.

Geez, I thought something was going wonky with my browser at first. Yea, old layout was MUCH better IMO. This one wastes a LOT of space.

Same. I refreshed my browser a couple times and I had to look around first to make sure it wasn't just me. It looks extremely trashy to me and it's difficult to locate the usual things I aim for (Even changing prefs). I loved the old system, why the heck did they change it?

"My feeds" needs to go away. I really don't like the placement of those links. I click the homepage now and am just like "Buh, what is this" You guys SURE this was intentional? It makes the things I do regularly on the site like 10 times more annoying just to make features I never use very slightly easier. Nothing in changing the prefs makes things as convenient as using the site used to be.

Edited by Killerwolf1010

I agree completely, this new layout makes it much more difficult to manage what I usually do on the site. Instead of just mousing over all of the new mods I'd like to see and checking out the new news posts and Gopher vids, I have to constantly scroll down, change tabs, scroll up, etc. Way too much effort now, please change it back to the way it used to be. Also, the layout of even the latest files and pictures is truly hideous, the old layout showed them in a much more aesthetic way, and simply too.

I like the idea of the interchangeable pages. I think they just need to update the page width, maybe allow it to change depending on resolution? Nobody tech savvy enough to install a mod uses 1024 any more.