Mod can't be removed.

cathyat157

I'm hoping someone can help.

A while back, I bought morrowind on steam. I modded it, including Mr Cellophane's Lovers And Legends. Now, I want to delete it from my modded game. I don't mind starting over. I deleted all the files, uninstalled the game and re-installed it and I keep getting a pop in game about the lovers mod. I can't figure out how to totally remove it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately you might have to go on a search and destroy through out your hard drive. Try uninstalling first, through steam. Once there, go to were the file was located in the steam part of the hard drive, and delete the remaining stuff. from there it gets to the fun part, where you just need to scour through your hard drive. (Just run a search for both the mod, and morrowind, and make you life easy lol)

Once you reinstall Morrowind through again see if it pops up...The only thing I can think of to do, if it is still there after that, is to try loading it another computer(If you can of course). If it STILL has it another computer then the original files in STEAM have been modified and need to be reset. You should be able to do this by run a game cache in STEAM.

Right click on Morrowind(in STEAM)

Properties

Local Files

Click "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache..."

Good luck!