restoring an interior cell to default

CrashMasterJMM

I'm having a bit of trouble.. I made a custom mod for a house, and it's been working fine. I've been updating it as I saw needs to do so. Of which, I loaded up Proudspire Manner to copy and paste into my modded home, a book shelf. I must have altered something on accident at Proudspire, because every time I exit Proudspire, Skyrim crashes to the desk top. :(

Is there any way to restore the Proudspire Manner cell back to default in my active mod file without having to recreate the mod again? And I mean restore to the point where there's no * indicator next to the name showing it's been edited.

Remove all changes in that mod, or copy over all content of that mod minus the broken content. For that you start a new mod in creation kit, you save it. You open both that saved empty mod (make that new mod your active file) and the mod of your house at once and make a fake change to all things you want to copy over. To do that, open whatever you added in creation kit, change a letter or coordinate and change it back again. Creation Kit will see it as changed and will store it in your active file when you save it. Then switch off the old mod, but don't delete it until the new one works.

Or let someone take a look at it.

Edited by Saratje

Remove all changes in that mod, or copy over all content of that mod minus the broken content. For that you start a new mod in creation kit, you save it. You open both that saved empty mod (make that new mod your active file) and the mod of your house at once and make a fake change to all things you want to copy over. To do that, open whatever you added in creation kit, change a letter or coordinate and change it back again. Creation Kit will see it as changed and will store it in your active file when you save it. Then switch off the old mod, but don't delete it until the new one works.

Or let someone take a look at it.

I believe I understand what you're saying... I'll try it out. But there's nothing simpler? No simple option to revert the cell back to the master content of the Skyrim esm?

Or alternatively

BACKUP YOUR MOD

Fire up the CK.

Select your mod and make it the active file (Do NOT press OK)

Instead press the "Details..." button

Click somewhere in the list and press "C", it will probably scroll the list to a series of "CONT" records, these are NEW/Changed Containers.

If it did find CONT records then manually scroll to the bottom of them, click below the last one and pres "C" again.

Keep repeating this process untill you find records of type "CELL"

This is the first changed cell in your mod (not necesarily the first one changed, just the first listed)

Press "C" again and keep doing so until you find the cell that you want ro reset.

Highlight the line with a record type of "CELL" and every subsequent line until you reach a record that is NOT "REFR" (see attachment)

Press the delete key, you will get a warning titled "Mark As Ignored?" . Select Yes

Press Close and then finally OK to actually load your mod.

When your mod finally loads, press the Save button. and test your mod

Edited by flobalob

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm if what flobalob posted works? I gave that a shot and was still missing the deleted object both in game and in the CK. I also tried selecting only the deleted references setting those to ignored. Did not seem to have an effect for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

When creating a follower ,placed in SleepingGiantInn Riverwood i accidently moved a floor pelt how can i restore that? (its rattling....)

The above i think i can not use as the mod i made is not an interior mod but a NPC mod or..........?

Should i load Skyrim ESM +Update ESM and my NPC mod to do the above or what to do?

Glad if somebody could help me with this

I'm having a bit of trouble.. I made a custom mod for a house, and it's been working fine. I've been updating it as I saw needs to do so. Of which, I loaded up Proudspire Manner to copy and paste into my modded home, a book shelf. I must have altered something on accident at Proudspire, because every time I exit Proudspire, Skyrim crashes to the desk top. :sad:

Is there any way to restore the Proudspire Manner cell back to default in my active mod file without having to recreate the mod again? And I mean restore to the point where there's no * indicator next to the name showing it's been edited.

The easiest way to remove an altered vanilla cell is with TES5Edit. Open TES5Edit, load only your plugin and wait for it to finish loading. Click on your esp, and expand the tree. Click on cell and expand that click on each block and you should find the vanilla cell you edited. Click on that cell right click and select remove you will receive a big warning, but just click yes. That cell will be removed from your mod only, NOT the game. Close TES5Edit it will ask if you want to backup your esp, select OK and a backup will be created of your esp before any changes are made to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\TES5Edit Backups.

I have done this several times after copying and pasting from the Warehouse Cells in CK.

Best part is it backs up your esp incase the changes don't work and you can revert to that backup.

Here is the link to TES5Edit.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?

An amazing tool and the developers should be commended for their efforts.

Edited by Aragorn58

When creating a follower ,placed in SleepingGiantInn Riverwood i accidently moved a floor pelt how can i restore that? (its rattling....)

The above i think i can not use as the mod i made is not an interior mod but a NPC mod or..........?

Should i load Skyrim ESM +Update ESM and my NPC mod to do the above or what to do?

Glad if somebody could help me with this

See post #8. But you will have to place your Follower back in that cell afterwards.

Thanks for reply

I am not sure i understand "But you will have to place your Follower back in that cell afterwards."? My new NPC is runnung around kicking in the game allready so .....hm

Or could i just useTes5edit....as it is.....still just loading my NPC ESP ?

Edit:I found the Pelt...do i just remove it? nothing bad happens to my new NPC esp?

Edited by iggypop1