I got the jagged crown from Korvanjund without a faction

sinnerman69

I used console code unlock to open the door for the Korvanjund to get a copy of the jagged crown for myself, actually it might of been a duplicate tomb, but the other one had rubble that was blocking the door path and I remember using tcl command to pass throw the rubble and then I got the crown, this duplicate tomb I don't recall the name of, but I now have the jagged crown in my inventory a small dot is beside it, probably meaning it's important and can't be sold!..

Did I break the The Jagged Crown quest getting the crown on my own?

Edited by sinnerman69

Hard to say until you try I suppose. You could try removing it from your inventory by using "removeitem reference id" in console. You could also use the console commands "sqs cw02a" and "sqs cw02b" to see if the game thinks either the Imperial or Stormcloak version of the quest is active (you'll see the various stages of the quest. Any stages with a one beside them are considered by the game to be completed. All zeros = all clear). If so, you could use "resetquest CW02A 0" (and/or CW02B) to reset the quest back to unstarted status and see how that goes.

Just guessin' tho, I've never got the crown except through the standard questline. The quests in Skyrim seem quite fragile so I tend to avoid screwin' around with 'em. (I'm not scolding you for doing that or anything, just sayin'...)

Assuming it works like a regular quest, you should be able to start the quest and then directly hand the crown over to whichever faction leader you prefer.

That happens to me all the time when I find quest items for quests I haven't accepted:

"I need you to go find the lost lute of..."

"You mean this lute?"

"Wow! You work fast!"

There is however an easy fix: drop your quest items using a mod called 'drop everything'( or something like that) (not long ago one of the hot files on the nexus), take it again and give it to the questgiver; if this doesn't work, use setstage.....

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...