forthemods08

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think in addition to mostly being associated with Scottish/Celtic cultures,

'kilt' garments have origins in Scandinavian and old Norse lore; so,

they're right up Skyrim's Nordic themed alley (without the bagpipes) :turned:

fyi, in World War 2, kilts were recognized as being impractical for modern warfare, and

in the first year of the war were officially banned as combat dress.

it'd be hilarious if there was a skyrim kilt animation to flash your behind to

infuriate/confuse enemies and make dragons wanna land whatever.

Edited by xlcr

I actually don't care about the 'sexy'/nude mods other than thinking they're sixteen different kinds of tacky but hey, if tacky floats your boat, who am I to care? It is, after all, a free world and thank goodness for that. And yes, I have put 'sexy' in dubious quotes because I've yet to see any mod here that I would classify as sexy. Tacky, yes, sexy, no. I've looked at plenty of nude/'sexy' mods and have yet to find anything that is tasteful and utterly delicious and thus would just like to avoid all of them until someone manages something that's actually good.

My biggest problem with trying to do that is that you can't trust the tag system to filter them out because as far as I can tell (and I may have missed it), you can't filter tags out, you can only select which tags to search for and many mod makers poorly tag their mods. For example, when I select to search JUST the 'lore-friendly' tag then sort by most endorsements to get the popular ones, I get two nude mods in the top 10. Personally I would not classify nude/'sexy' mods as lore-friendly. However, since YMMV, I'd like to be able to search for 'lore-friendly' but also ensure I don't get any nude/'sexy' mods by being able to screen those tags out of anything I search for.

But then nor would I class what people please to call "lore friendly" armour as any more realistic than the skimpy stuff because historically, it just isn't. As I said, it wasn't and isn't (in cultures where more old fashioned weapons are still used)unknown for warriors to be naked or darned near naked. It WAS virtually unknown for full plate to be worn outside the tiltyard. If you were unhorsed (you'd never be able to walk in the ruddy stuff) in full plate, you would not be able to get up, let alone draw a weapon, before the lightly armored dude with the pointy stick had jabbed you between helmet and gorget. In a recent BBC production of Shakespeare's Henry V, even the King at Agincourt was shown wearing what would have been historically realistic battle gear for a top important dude - plate cuirass, light/leather below. The yeoman archers would wear very little in the way of armor.

Actually "lore friendly" is far more likely to get me wound up because the phrase is so misused.

Although xlcr, I just might have to make myself a strapping laddie to use that kilt mod...as it's lore friendly XD

Yes, kilts may have been officially declared unsuitable battle dress, but on D-Day, Bill Millin, piper to Colonel the Lord Lovat, strode up the beach in full Highland gear (including kilt)playing his pipes, as ordered by His Lordship. Some subsequently captured German troops were interviewed alongside Mr Millin and said they were too gobsmacked by this apparent lunatic to fire on him.

Certainly not, I spent about a grand on my new rig for Skyrim.

I would just perhaps rather the "lore friendly" tag were named something else as for reasons I have explained, it's something of a misnomer. Perhaps there should be a "Full coverage armors" tag. Incidentally, some of the vanilla armors are pretty skimpy aren't they? Am sure you guys and gals must've noticed that.

LOL a mooning anim would be hilarious, would certainly be a way of insulting/provoking enemies as the serious side of it. Perhaps could be used to start riots just like the good old days in OB, where the correct tactics with either Ungolim or the Bleak Mine Guards could lead to an all out brawl if your player character was popular enough, eg Champion of Cyrodill and Master of a couple of guilds.

If you do not like the mod you stay away from it. If they bother you then so be it. they wont remove/ban something because another group does not like it, because the other group that does like it is probably larger. when i bought the TES games (Mor, Obliv, Sky) for my xbox 360, i did it so i can learn about the history and the current story of each game like with fallout. when i got the TES games from Steam i wanted to mod the hell out of them so i could have more fun. (i dont know much still but i study the game like a class)

And as a dude its just something i want to see. Some guys don't like women in their video games looking the way they do. (lore or no lore, its still a video game)

some people have different values

for example I know several people who are naturists, therefore nudity in itself doesn't mean much to me. I guess a lot of people could be surprised at how quick we can get accustomed to it, especially when some people are good friends enough for you not to lose them ...

Now, I'm not saying I can't be attracted by a beautiful woman sexually if I see her nude, but a bunch of pixels means absolutely nothing to me

sure a photo is also a bunch of pixels, but behind it there is reality whereas behind a nude mod pixels it's empty...

in fact it's really eye candy and that's all, I just found the woman default "underwear" ugly (less ugly than oblivion's though), whereas I found the male loincloth to fit