ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Miserith Hall a Player Home in The Reach. [wip]

TheWanderer001

Aaahaha. They get into everything. I can't remember if the Populated Skyrim series adds them, or Immersive Patrols.

In my case I think it was Immersive Patrols... at least it proves my navmesh works.

I'm not where I can open CK to experiment, at the moment, but can you double click the enable marker and look in the tab to see what it enables, then delete whatever you want from there?

I've been trying that but it doesn't seem to work that way... will play around with it some more tomorrow...

Out of curiosity, does the Duke's backstory include anything on how his money was made, or any nobility from other holds, anything that might be used to concoct a shield/banner design?

I've only got a very basic backstory at present so any suggestion would be most welcome...

Duke Letios and Lady Jessica owned Miserith Hall and protected it with a small mercenary army.
Lady Jessica and and their daughter Regent Alisa where killed while on their way to Whiterun for a shopping trip.
Duke Letios was so distraught he started drinking and gambling... soon his staff and guards left and the fort was left undefended and then overrun by the Forsworn

Duke Letios was killed during the takeover.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why but bookshelves when they have the book store/display bits added I can copy and paste 1 shelf setup at a time but if I try and copy paste the whole bookcase (with the 4 shelves set up) the CK just hangs and I have to use the task manager to close it down.
as I know this I can work around it but now... using the marker with all the items attached if there is a bookcase set up included then if I try and hide them all the ck hangs again... it's not like I'm working with a low spec machine either???

Okay found a lot of others asking about this on various forums... but... no one had an answer to solve this... it appears to be a bug in the current ck :sad:

Did a quick test in game just to be sure... and disabling and enabling the parent marker works just fine... thankfully.

But trying to hide the whole bookcase in the ck still freezes it...

Another test in the ck...

If I manually select the bookcase and all the store bits manually and then hit 1+1 they all become invisible instantly !!!

But can't even select the bookcases and the bits via the xmarker... the ck just freezes...

So my workaround don't add bookcases to main xmarker so I can batch hide everything else... then add them to there own xmarker for use in game only and manually hide in the ck when I need to...

Not perfect but doable without to much hassle :)

Edited by The-Wanderer

I was thinking of a banner/shield/amulet series, with some simple sort of insignia, sort of like a hold guard's shield. Since he's in the reach, I have been thinking of a Germanic type of thing, where they tend to have a wavy "Rhine river" representation in the seals of some Rhineland cities. I cut out the Reach from the map, and took the shape of the Karth River from it, so it was more or less a silhouette. The only problem is, I have no idea what else may pertain to the Duke and/or his family. My thought was a silvery colored Reach silhouette, on a dark green background, a nod to the green Markarth coloring and the Reach being known for silver. Now, if he was a destruction mage, for example, I might be able to cross that with a lightning bolt, or the destruction magic symbol, something like that. If he was renowned for alchemy, I could use the symbol from the alchemist's shrines, or perhaps the silhouette of a mountain flower. If he was a great warrior, I could include a helm, or some nod to the legion or the stormcloaks.

In the mean time, while you are working on the mod, if anything jumps out as a source of his fame or wealth, let me know. I've been tinkering with rough ideas, and I'll upload a couple of pics, so you can get an idea where my thoughts were going, and see if it's anything you might like. The shield is a bit shiny for my taste, and everything looks a bit too clean at this stage, Mind you, I'm not one of those high def texture modders or anything. Most of my stuff is just generic, vanilla quality.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1704/9822815-1548043946.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1704/9822815-1548044043.png

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1704/9822815-1548044088.jpg

Loving what you've done so far :smile:

It's okay... I'm no wizz at textures either :D

One thought I did have regarding his family back ground was

His name is sort of Imperial and Duke more likely to be as well...

so probably originally from Cyrodiil where his family made their fortune in shipping(?)

As to his trait... umm... I don't think mage/wizard/magic would fit but Warrior... maybe retired imperial captain.

Which could then lead into

Legate Emmanuel Admand – Legate of The Reach.
Ask him about the Duke to be told about family heirlooms
Amulet, ring, helm etc...
Starts quest to find/recover them all...

As for the shields could have a few of them left lying around the fort.

The banners will be hung in the great hall

Edited by The-Wanderer

It's all good. I liked your mod idea, wanted to try to be helpful if I could.

So, I've been messing around a bit before work. I tried putting an Imperial sword through the shape of the hold, looked kind of lame to me, so I experimented with the Imperial dragon, including putting the hold inside the wings, but it becomes to small to identify as the map. Wondered what you might think of the old split design, with a nod to the empire and to the reach, in opposing colors, green for the reach and silver/gray for the silver-rich mines of the area.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1704/9822815-1548090810.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/1704/9822815-1548090837.jpg

*I know they're still green and white, but it would be fairly easy to darken to a silver/gray color...I think. GIMP has been a bit argumentative through this. I miss photoshop.

Edited by thumbincubation