Starting MQ102 with console

okappa

So I've been using the "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" mod for a while now with complete success, but recently I somehow managed to screw it up and glitch myself out of the main quest entirely.

Is there a console command that I can use to START the main quest, specifically MQ101 (Unbound) or MQ102 (Before the Storm?) SetStage isn't working, and CompleteQuest just clears that specific quest without letting me access the next one in line (talking to the Jarl and the mage guy, they act just like I had never met them before and don't even react according to their instructions for the main quest at all.)

Keeping in mind that I've never actually used the SetStage command, and am working off what I read for Oblivion years ago...

Try using SetStage to set the previous quest to a finishing/final stage. The dialog for the quest that you want will have that stage being present set as a condition for appearing.

To recap...

startquest mq101 (if it isn't already going)

setstage mq101 900

The only problem I can see is that you won't have an NPC waiting for you to continue the quest in Riverside, since you didn't actually do the starting quest (and can't, I don't think, since setting it up outside of an actual new-game situation would be a nightmare). In which case, skip through mq102 instead.

setstage mq102 160

This should (should) be the condition needed for the Jarl and his bodyguard to acknowledge your presence. I'll go check the CK, back in a minute.

Edit: ok.

Stage 900 of mq101 *should* complete the quest, and automatically go on to stage 1000 where it sets various things (mostly cleanup). The problem is that the quest sets various things as it goes along for some events in mq102 and uuuuuugggghhhh.

Set mq102 to stage 30, that's the stage needed to go talk to the Jarl.

Edited by Septfox

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...