Apply magic effect to target?

ArcticZero

I'm trying to apply the Dragonrend effect to a target using a script on a spell. Basically, when hit by the spell projectile, dragons are forced to land. What is the proper way to do this via scripting? What function should I use on the target actor?

Thanks in advance!

What I find the best way is to not ponder on how to make things work, but to observe why other things already work. If Dragonrend brings down dragons, take apart Dragonrend and see why it does just that. That is how I got most modded spells and scripts to work. Whenever a script made a chicken cross the road and I wanted to do the same with a fox, I looked at what parts in the script refer to the chicken and replaced it with a fox.

What is really important is to right-click on the spell in Creation Kit and to select "Use Info", this shows all the other spells, gamedatas, settings etc that are connected to that spell. Often those are really important to make a spell do what it does. You can also go to find text in the edit tab and search for various terms. Sometimes other things influence a spell or setting which you can find there.

If all this after some trying out still doesn't work, PM me with any more questions. :)

Thank you for the reply. I've tried that, actually, and Dragonrend is broken into the stagger effect, and the script that brings dragons down. Thing is, the spell I'm creating is a lesser power, and Dragonrend is a shout. I don't know how to get the same effect since I have to change delivery to "Self" instead of "Aimed" on both effects to be able to add them to my lesser power. :(

Actually, I'm trying to edit the "Maximum Drive" mod, to give it a Dragonrend-type effect if it hits a flying dragon. Thing is, the Maximum Drive spell is a "Self" delivered spell, having the player fire a projectile (you can see Youtube videos of this mod if you aren't familiar with it), whereas Dragonrend is "Aimed", so I can't get both effects at once.

P.S. I'm also looking for a way to reduce/disable the cooldown that prevents the player from spamming spells/lesser powers.

Edited by ArcticZero

I'll look into it soon. But I'm not familiar with how that mod does what it does.

edit: Just checked, it has its own Associated Item in the Magic Effects area, called Dragonrend. You can always do that as a self effect, but giving it a spherical projectile commonly used for shouts such as Kyne's peace etc.

Edited by Saratje